LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 23 2012

NuclearVision

Alfa u-chat new lines.

Check it out, i'm thinking of switching to alfa... U-chat 9$ , U-chat 17$.
What do you think, shall i switch? I'm on a prepaid mtc line.

#2 May 23 2012

Jinx

Re: Alfa u-chat new lines.

I switched to U-chat 17$ , It's a very good offer if you're not a heavy caller
you have 200 SMS and 250 MB (which is enough) and 60min of calls

#3 May 23 2012

babum

I was calculating what it would cost me to have the same benefits with a postpaid line, it should be $43.6 instead of the 17$.

Messages = $18
Calls = $6.6
MB = $19

So yeah, it is a lot cheaper but as Jinx said it is better if you are not a heavy caller and it is great if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend/person who you call a lot on weekends. Though lets see what does Alfa mean by unlimited.

#4 May 23 2012

Jinx

unlimited = you can call for free , each 60min your call will be dropped but you can start again..and you can only change it once per month/recharge

#5 May 23 2012

thegodfatherdany

I am on Alfa waffer now 9$ currently. Im thinking of changing to this plan but i have some questions:
1 - when you move to the new plan, you have in your account 9$ for example when you dial *11# or you receive minutes/msg/mb left ?
2 - the mb data means you have internet access to your phone ??

compared to the usual alfa waffer 9$, is the u-chat 9$ better or not ? thank you

#6 May 23 2012

babum

It is better than a postpaid line in terms of SMS and MB, not calling.

Do keep in mind that the extra minute on U-chat is of $0.6 quite a lot. But if you are not the caller type, go for it.

#7 May 23 2012

cnazha

Just to add, you can get only 4 hours free calls each weekend day (limit 60 mins a call), still best offer in the market.

Last edited by cnazha (May 23 2012)

#8 May 23 2012

shant

can someone tell me whats included in the plans and how do they work? the alfa website is not very clear

#9 May 24 2012

rtp

mtc alternative ?

#10 May 24 2012

amkahal

rtp wrote:

mtc alternative ?

Soon, as a MTC employee tell me.

#11 May 24 2012

solo220

from alfa website

FREE calls to one ALFA number during weekends

so its not a real free unlimited :-) .

the 17.5$ line  give you

20 minutes only to be used in week days

that is to say that you have 20 minutes to spend on 24 days all month long so you've got less than minute a day as average .

and 40 minutes to be spent for the 4 Sundays each month
kind of playing on words offer :-).

but it may be the wanted one for the CHAT geeks :-) .

Last edited by solo220 (May 24 2012)

#12 May 24 2012

AvoK95

What are the other benefits besides the free calls ?

#13 May 24 2012

NuclearVision

Sorry guys, it seems that i misunderstood the whole thing, anyeay it is still good for me.
@Avok Well, they give you 200 SMS, 250mb internet data, 60mins, and the free calls which are, all, better that a prepaid plan ;D, ain't I right.
250mb= 15$
200sms = 200*0.09=18$
60 minutes= 60*0.3=18$
the total would be 51 $ it is still my better.

Note: Uchat clients are not allowed to benefit from the following services WAP, Pay as you go, friends and family, sunday promotion, "Ehkineh". I never subscribed to one of those at mtc touch.

Last edited by NuclearVision (May 24 2012)

#14 May 24 2012

Jinx

@NuclearVision Are you sure about the "60 minutes every week" ? because I don't think they are that generous..

Anyway Mtc will put a similar offer on the market soon so wait to see which one is better before switching to alfa

#15 May 24 2012

AvoK95

Wait so, Ill get 250MB of internet 200 SMS for free ? With a free 60min call every weekend ? And all of this for free ?

#16 May 24 2012

babum

AvoK95 wrote:

Wait so, Ill get 250MB of internet 200 SMS for free ? With a free 60min call every weekend ? And all of this for free ?

If by free you mean for a $17 per month, then yes. though the weekend call is as many as you want for a single number but every 60 minutes you have to call again

#17 May 24 2012

AvoK95

What about the 9$ subscription ? I also want to know how all this works ... Will I have to be forced to refill 9$ every month ? And do I have to buy a different recharge line ? Also, if I refilled 9$ in my account , will it be consumed ? or will it stay there as if I recharged it normally ?

#18 May 24 2012

solo220

This is a smart offer from ALFA :-) .

can one accumulate MB or SMS or minutes from month to month ?

#19 May 24 2012

babum

Avok. for the $9 it is the same system but you get less SMS, MB and minutes (You still get the 1 number unlimited). as for how it is payed I think it is just like when you subscribe to any service (Such as BB) you recharge monthly and from that you pay. No idea if you need a different card though.

Solo - I dont think you can, Im almost sure you can't

#20 May 24 2012

AvoK95

The offer was epic until when you said you recharge it like a service. But can someone please confirm this ?
Because I don't normally recharge my line with anything more than 9$ since I won't need it and will be too expensive.

#21 May 25 2012

NuclearVision

babum wrote:

Avok. for the $9 it is the same system but you get less SMS, MB and minutes (You still get the 1 number unlimited). as for how it is payed I think it is just like when you subscribe to any service (Such as BB) you recharge monthly and from that you pay. No idea if you need a different card though.

Solo - I dont think you can, Im almost sure you can't

Both the 9$ and the 17$ plans have the same number of free sms 200.
The way this plan is renewed is that you should buy a 9$ card fill youraccount with it then you can rwnew your plan, in other words te plan is renewed with credits from your line balance, I think that is right, avok ypu can always check the link i included in my first post.

#22 May 25 2012

Jinx

You recharge your line with 9$ or 17$ and then you send an SMS to 1028 containing "U9" or "U17"

If you recharge for example 10$ and you activate the U-chat 9 the remaining $ willl stay for the next month but not the SMS or the MB

#23 May 25 2012

AvoK95

Ok, so if I own a Alfa Prepaid line, I refill it with 9$ and send an SMS to 1028 U9 and I'll be using U-Chat service ?

Last edited by AvoK95 (May 25 2012)

#24 May 25 2012

Monkey D. Luffy

@Avok no. You  need to buy a U-Chat card in order to subscribe to U-Chat
And make sure your credit is 0 cuz if you have some left it will go :)

Just blogged about it: http://bit.ly/KTpbKT can you people help me make it better?

#25 May 25 2012

Jinx

@Monkey D. Luffy    Dude there's nothing called U-Chat card ,if you have 9$ just send an SMS to 1028 containing "U9" and you'll receive the service and if you have some credits they will remain...

can you people help me make it better?

Do a comparison table between the 4 offers from Alfa (U-chat , waffer , the normal one, ...) and the benefits of every plan

Board footer