LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 10 2005

darkstar

Who currently has a job?

I am currently a university student used to work at computer hardware shop eventually i quit and now without a job.

Anyone wants to share his/her experience..

#2 May 10 2005

mahdoum

Re: Who currently has a job?

=P Jobless

#3 May 10 2005

rolf

I do websites as part-time and part-time PC maintenance for a small company.
beside that my job is to enjoy myself!

#4 May 10 2005

rolf

computer hardware shop? What sort of shop is that? is it virgin style (nice but expensive). Or bazaar like where the salesmen don't even know what they're selling ;)

#5 May 11 2005

darkstar

No its virgin style !

#6 May 11 2005

rolf

Oh good! Better than working in one of these "bazar style" shops, you know those who have the best prices, that's why they have so much 3aj2a I guess,  but where it is always fawda and stress.
You know echo computers, compuworld... no decent showroom.

#7 May 11 2005

Parabola

Compuworld sucks ass! I curse the day I bought my pc from there!

#8 May 11 2005

rolf

why man? I always buy stuff from there! What happened?
Well on hundreds of items (I buy for the office from there too), I did get some defective items, but you can give them back...

#9 May 11 2005

darkstar

I currently go to domtech although alot say its more expensive than others but they got good support (when i used to work there thats how it was dont know about that now) . The place was decent and it does have a good showroom , its in mansourieh if anyone is interested.

#10 May 11 2005

rolf

I know domnet more!!
When I go to domnet, domtech is usually closed ;)

#11 May 11 2005

darkstar

Lol tell me when u come to domnet we could meet and stuff

#12 May 12 2005

Parabola

why man? I always buy stuff from there! What happened?
Well on hundreds of items (I buy for the office from there too), I did get some defective items, but you can give them back...

Man they gave me a fucked up screen which its Degauss doesnt work, a bad UPS, a power supply for a PIII, a fucked up mouse, a fucked keyboad,...

That's why I hated them !

#13 May 12 2005

rolf

They have fucked up PC cases.
As fore the rest, if you dont like an item, whether it's defective or not, just return it and get something else, I already did it more than once.
You have to go there and choose your items yourself. Never let them choose your mouse keyboard, etc for you, they'll give you crap.
And it is better if you mount the pc yourself, as someone in the business told me once that they take returned items (because of a malfunction) and try to mount them on customer pc, because sometimes an item can work on one pc and not work on the other. get it?
If you dont want to mount it yourself, just go there and choose the items you want, put them together and tell him to mount a PC with them and give you the empty boxes. Insist on him using the precise stuff you have picked.
BTW there is a secret password, I forgot to tell you. That is probably why he gave you crappy items. You have to tell him "barbapappa" and he will give you good stuff.
Anyway a good alternative is to get your stuff from pcandparts.com .
but with pcandparts I am not sure he'll take your stuff back if you dont like it. he's not that flexible.

#14 May 12 2005

rolf

and darkstar, sure I'd love to!
we could meet at university too during a lunchbreak.
I'm there every day.

#15 May 12 2005

Charly

cool  i live beside domnet, 3 mins by car... we can all meet there if u want...

#16 May 13 2005

darkstar

Neat yalla we will decide on someday  and out of curiosity what do you guys play .

And rolf yes we will meet someday at lunch break

#17 May 13 2005

rolf

I dont spend too much time at domnet. But I used to play generals a lot.
before that, I played some MOHAA (medal of honour).
I have a friend who used to be there often, his name is tamer. he likes warcraft, among other things.

#18 May 13 2005

rolf

wanna meet me monday near the atm at lunchbreak?

#19 May 14 2005

darkstar

yeah cool y not !

#20 September 14 2005

ulias

ccompuworld has just opened a showroom right next to the Harley davidson near playground  :) quit a big one the usual showrooms with lots of stuff that normal pc users dont understand what are they for
so speaking of computers what are u guys using ? (http://www.lavalys.hu/products/download … =1&lang=en)download everest home edition  this software is great 

Board footer