LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 7 2005

mahdoum

Uni Courses

What on earth do you guys recommend I take as a Humanity elective, or actually first what the hell is a Humanity course I know it has something to do with arts and bleh but I dunno where to choose from... HELP oh btw aub

#2 September 7 2005

rolf

Re: Uni Courses

I think it depends on the teacher, try to get an easy teacher. Ask students.

#3 September 7 2005

Charly

maybe has something to do with literature and philosophy.... since the term Literature and Humanities is always used when referring to stuff like philosophy and arts

#4 September 7 2005

mahdoum

humanities is to do with arts and humans and stuff, but i'm not sure what courses in aub I can take that are from the "humanities". Throwing us in the deep end :S.

Got to meet my adviser to get my answer

#5 September 8 2005

rolf

humanities is to do with arts and humans and stuff, but i'm not sure what courses in aub I can take that are from the "humanities". Throwing us in the deep end :S.

Got to meet my adviser to get my answer

Beware, your adviser will not send you to the most "easy-going" teachers. The advisor is a great help to chose your couses and plan your studies, but not to chose your teachers. Not that they'll send you directly to the most sadistic "thing" out there, but they just wont care. Sometimes (not always) you'll be able to chose between different teachers for a course. It is useful in these cases to know a little about every teacher... some are sadistic, some live in a parallel universe (you cant understand their course), some are constantly in the christmas mood (easy tests and projects, +5s...) ... Now if this is your first semester you might not have anyone to ask these questions to... good luck anyway.

Study smart!

#6 September 8 2005

mahdoum

yeah first semesters being a pain so far lol

Board footer