LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 14 2011

Locha

School Website And Political Website

Good Day everyone,
I am not that much in the Web Programming and Designing Field but i would like to hear some suggestions from people in this forum who seems to be pioneers in this field.

If I want to create a School Website, what are the steps that you suggest? The Programming Languages? Are Joomla or Drupal enough to make such a step?

If I want to create a Website about the Biography of a Historical Political Leader, also what do you suggest since it is supposed to be static?

What do you advise as internet resources ?

Thank you in advance.

#2 August 14 2011

Tigerheart.Hackers

Re: School Website And Political Website

If you're not planning to learn to develop sites, your best bet is Wordpress, for both. There are tons of templates for it out there, and you can buy pre-made ones for like 5-15$. Hope that helps.

#3 August 14 2011

Joe

Seconded. Wordpress is your best choice.

#4 August 14 2011

rolf

Moodle?

#5 August 14 2011

Locha

No, I don't mind learning how to develop websites at all... This is what I would like to know the more.

Thank you.

#6 August 16 2011

gio961
Banned

If you are willing to learn , my advice is using Dreamweaver or Kompozer and edit one of many websites templates that you can find all over the net . ( Use both software on the SPLIT mode which will enable you to see the design on one side and the html code on the other side . That will help you to understand more the way it is composed and easier to edit and change it the way you want ) . This is the way i started 1 month ago and i already published one website of my own and the second one on the road ;)  (don't forget to read a bit of ebooks and pdfs they're always helpful ) ... good luck :)

#7 August 16 2011

Locha

Thanks Mates ... I appreciate your help ...

Board footer