LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 2 2011

MrClass

Facebook API application keys

Hello everyone. I'm currently working on integrating facebook with a wordpress blog. I went to the developer's zone in facebook in order to create a new application. During the process, facebook notified me that I cannot continue before confirmation via mobile phone or credit card. I tried the mobile phone (I tried putting 03 with and without the leading zero), it gave an error: Sorry, something went wrong. We'll check that soon. I then tried via credit card, but again it gave an error cannot check now. What can I do now to get application keys?

#2 August 2 2011

MrClass

Re: Facebook API application keys

Update: I tried the credit card info and it worked. Though now I can see the App ID and the App Secret Key. I cannot find the API Key. Where do I get that? Thanks.

#3 August 2 2011

MrClass

Ok the API key is finally out. 1 question though. I was working with the application settings and began editing the facebook integration settings. In the form, I cannot see where to change the Canvas type from iframe to FBML. Help anyone? Thanks.

#4 August 2 2011

Ra8

On Facebook > Canvas Settings
is that what you want?
lNWBH.png??

#5 August 2 2011

jsaade

you should not work with fbml, to my understanding, fb is phasing it out.

#6 August 3 2011

MrClass

Hmm. I went there but still cannot see the change Canvas type. It's automatically using iframe.

#7 August 3 2011

jsaade

as I said before facebook is phasing out fbml, this means you can only use iframe and even if they provide some way to use fbml you should not.

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/fbml/

We are in the process of deprecating FBML. If you are building a new application on Facebook.com, please implement your application using HTML, JavaScript and CSS. You can use our JavaScript SDK and Social Plugins to embedded many of the same social features available in FBML. While there is still functionality that we have not ported over yet, we are no longer adding new features to FBML.

I too do not have a way to select iframe or fbml, it just sets it as iframe.

Also check the roadmap:
http://developers.facebook.com/roadmap/

Canvas and Page Tabs
Item     Timing     Description
No new FBML apps     Complete     We will stop allowing new FBML apps, but will continue to support existing FBML tabs and apps. Instead, we recommend using iframes.

Last edited by ZeRaW (August 3 2011)

#8 October 15 2011

SiMi

Ra8 wrote:

On Facebook > Canvas Settings
is that what you want?
http://i.imgur.com/lNWBH.png??

You wrote the code for the morse thing ? seems interesting

Board footer