LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 30 2011

XhacK

LebGeeks Forums logo should be clickable

Hi samer,
I guess Lebgeeks forums' logo should be clickable and pointing to the main page. I "tend" to click the logo to get to the homepage.

#2 May 30 2011

xterm

Re: LebGeeks Forums logo should be clickable

Yes yes! I concur!

#3 May 30 2011

rolf

I said so a gazillion years ago.
I remember vaguely samer being reluctant because it meant modifying php bb code (or whatever app the forum runs).
But I think it can be made in other ways, for example you could place a transparent div which links to root page over the logo. That would only require modifying the template.
I am against hacks but in this case I think the gain justifies it. It is annoying to have to manually edit the URL every time I want to go back to the site root to see the forum digest, and it's even more annoying on mobile!
Anyway as always thanks samer for the great work :) I am ok with how it is right now, just taking advantage of this thread to push my opinion.

#4 May 30 2011

Kassem

rolf wrote:

manually edit the URL every time I want to go back to the site root to see the forum digest

Why not click on "Show new posts since last visit" in the right top corner instead?

But yes, the logo has to be clickable.

#5 May 30 2011

rolf

Kassem wrote:
rolf wrote:

manually edit the URL every time I want to go back to the site root to see the forum digest

Why not click on "Show new posts since last visit" in the right top corner instead?

wow thanks, I never noticed that link!

#6 May 30 2011

Kassem

rolf wrote:
Kassem wrote:
rolf wrote:

wow thanks, I never noticed that link!

You're kidding, right? lol

#7 May 30 2011

xterm

I was thinking the same >.<, how have you managed to check 'new posts' all these years!

Last edited by xterm (May 30 2011)

#8 May 30 2011

jajoja

<div onclick="location.href='http://www.lebg*****.com';" id="brdtitle" class="inbox"></div>

// brdtitle it should be changed according to the logo (on .css)

meh

#9 May 30 2011

rolf

I wasn't kidding. I used to click in the address box, select everything after the root slash, hit backspace, then hit enter, to land on lebgeeks.com

#10 May 30 2011

samer
Admin

jajoja wrote:
<div onclick="location.href='http://www.lebg*****.com';" id="brdtitle" class="inbox"></div>

// brdtitle it should be changed according to the logo (on .css)

meh

Your "meh" is slightly condescending :) No, that div is not the one holding the logo.
If you check the stylesheet, the logo is set as a background-image to the div with class .pun
which I can't possibly make clickable as it encloses other elements.

I agree that it adds some benefits in terms of accessibility. I will try to look for a nice way of doing it, although I am reluctant on using hacks (i.e., empty div with absolute positioning).

In the mean time, use "Show new posts since last visit".

Board footer