LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 7 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

Samsung Galaxy S2 and Lebanon?

Hello!
I am on the verge to get a SE Arc but I just saw that Samsung will release the Galaxy S2 later this month in ''some'' countries.
I will not regret to buy the Arc now if it will not be here before May and at a high price of +800$...BUT if it comes here in end April and for a price of 750$ and less I will have great remorses.
That why I want to ask for Samsung Galaxy S users:
-Did the Galaxy S came late in Lebanon compared to other countries?
-Was the price less,equal or higher than other countries? And how much it costed first month here?
-Did Amhaz bring it before the official dealer or its the only company controlling them?
I am asking this because it's usually the same scenarios that occured for the same line of the same brand.

#2 April 7 2011

AkDoV

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 and Lebanon?

Galaxy S's release price was around 950 $ !! later at the same month, the desire HD came out for 1100 $.
Where as this generation, Incredible S 700$ on release day, same as SE arc.
Since Android is releasing the new phones with an average lower than the previous ones, and since Samsung has main offices in Lebanon, I don't expect the the S2 to be released late ( end May,June-ish ), and i would estimate it to be released for +- 780 $ on day one.

#3 April 7 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

Samsung Galaxy S2 is forecasted at 850$ in India and UK in the best case scenarios while Galaxy S was lower when released in those countries, but as you said I think Amhaz will release it ~800$ and Cherfan Tawil for 900$ but if it will be by end-may the Arc and IS will be much lower...
BTW do you know if Amhaz can bring samsung phones before the official company and for much lower prices??
I heard Cherfan Tawil has an iron hand on ''te7rib''

#4 April 7 2011

AkDoV

Last year, I bought a Suunto core black edition watch. I was so happy it costs 250$ over the internet, and since it was at such a good price i paid 50$ extra for class A DHL. When it got to lebanon i had to pay arround 200 $ taxes !! that sucked !! thats arround 80% tax !!
every one smuggle products to lebanon without paying taxes. I bet amhaz does the same thing other wise they wouldn't be able to sell them for that cheap (and they get them without software guarantee). i tried calling ahmaz for you and ask about the samsung, but like always, the line was busy.

Vegetaleb, if it comes back to me, i would buy a nice phone right now, Is, arc, Hd, even galaxy s, because in this time next year, dual core phones would be out ( second generation by then ) and 3g prices would (HOPEFULLY) be reasonable, so i would be able to get a 2core phone. you get it ? get a nice good phone for a good price now, because technology will never wait for any one. If you wait for the S2; i don't know maybe a release for the S3 for example would be declared, you would end up with the nexus 1 stuck with you for ever.

#5 April 7 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

I know!
That's why I will get the Arc now, I will use it for summer fun thanks to its great camera and exellent screen under sunlight, then in spetember the HTC Sensation(pyramid) will be available for already 2 months so the price will not exceed 500$...
Not only it will be dual core but it will have the new high resolution screen ;)

#6 April 8 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

I just checked Expansys UAE, they are claiming the release date is 2 May now instead of 9 May AND the price decreased to 680$ instead of 780$ !!!
That would mean Amhaz will get it mid-may and for 700$ :/
Now I am lost again, dunno if I wait another month, but the thing is that the Arc made its proofs with all levels : exellent screen under sunlight, smooth and fast, unlockable boot loader and high volume for ringtones!
While zero reviews about the Galaxy s2 till now, so a detail like very low ringtones can be a huge problem for me, it's one of the thing that convinced me not to buy the optimus 2x

#7 April 8 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

New Prices for ARC!!
620$ yesterday now...570$
OMG 110$ in only 2 weeks, I think now I can sell my N1 and get the Arc :)

#8 April 8 2011

AkDoV

good for you. do exactly what you said previously. by the way, android 2.3 will support playstation games soon. you would be able to buy them (if you want to play online) or get them cracked for offline play.

#9 April 8 2011

Badih

vegetaleb, would you please provide me with more details
I want to get the arc, but it is not easy to be found with a resonable price
thanks man

#10 April 8 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

Ok it's at Amhaz shop in Moawad street in Bir Hassan, phone number 01/555545

#11 April 9 2011

Kassem

vegetaleb wrote:

Ok it's at Amhaz shop in Moawad street in Bir Hassan, phone number 01/555545

[off-topic]Moawad and Bir Hassan are so far away. Moawad could be considered in Haret Hreik :)[/off-topic]

#12 April 9 2011

Badih

Arc is out of stock at Amhaz :(
hope that monday will bring us some good news...
any idea guys if sony ericsson phones are made other than china
and is it possible to know the place of origin from the imei #

#13 April 9 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

I have a boxed SE ARC from Amhaz ''bil neylon'' if anyone is interested.
Bought it today afternoon

#14 April 9 2011

Kassem

vegetaleb wrote:

And why would you sell it?!

#15 April 10 2011

Badih

vegetaleb wrote:

open it any enjoy it man, you paid more money to enjoy it now
I think that I will wait for a couple of weeks, maybe the price will drop soon

#16 April 10 2011

AkDoV

Vegetaleb, why do you want to sell it ? it is a really good android phone, and a perfect "hang on to" phone until the coretwo phones come out.

#17 April 10 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

1-The guy who had to buy my N1 never showed up
2-I still prefer my N1 screen,trackball and custom roms :(

#18 April 10 2011

AkDoV

how much are you asking for the SE? maybe i could find you some one to buy it.

#19 April 10 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

It costs 570$ at amhaz where I bought it yesterday.
I will sell it 550$$ because as I said it's boxed and I just tried it for a couple of minutes, so not used at all.
So 20$ economy + 20$ benzin economy for the guy who want to buy it ;)

Next bunch of ARC will not come before June because of the Japanese tsunami, the remaining pieces will be out of stock very fast http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_x … s-2499.php

Last edited by vegetaleb (April 10 2011)

#20 June 14 2011

nicolasanid

Hello,

The galaxy S was released in Lebanon on the samew date as the european countries.
You should really get the galaxy S2 because it has the best resolution yet and the best processor( samsung exynos) btw it has a
1.2 ghz dual core cpu instead of the a single cored 1 ghz scorpion cpu
The galaxy s2 is the slimest smartphone(8mm) and the lighest one (116g).
The price of the galaxy s2 is about 700-800$ and it will released in max 5 days.
I hope I helped you make your choice if I wasn( too late.

#21 July 29 2011

Fernand

Hello
what's the current price for galaxy S2 in Lebanon?

#22 July 29 2011

m.sabra

it's $630 at stars communication.

#23 July 29 2011

Flakk

Its 799$ TTC at the official Samsung distributor in Lebanon http://www.samsungctc.com/Products/MOBI … Android/66
Comes with a warranty too.

#24 July 29 2011

Fernand

@m.sabra Can you please give me more info about star communication?
And do you know someone who bought it/tested it? Is it as good as all the reviews claim?
thanks

#25 July 29 2011

m.sabra

well Stars Communication is a shop located in beir el abed, known as Amhaz there,i buy all my phone from there the last one was a nexus s and it's very good, about the GSII hmm ask vegetaleb he bought this phone from there,just make sure you take a sealed box,if you are wondering why the prices there are cheaper the reasons is that they are "tehrib" .

Last edited by m.sabra (July 29 2011)

Board footer