LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 12 2011

PS3 Lounge

Zombie Logo needed! ($75)

Hey guys,

I need a zombie logo designed around a company named zombiesoft (in-case you want to incorporate the name) where better to look then on lebgeeks. Please send me jpeg images (water stamped so I don't use them unless you get paid) and the one we like will get $75 bucks for a vector illustrator file of the logo. Bonus points if the logo is incorporated into a business card layout.

Thanks Guys.

email logo ideas to ps3lounge@yahoo.com

#2 February 13 2011

Tigerheart.Hackers

Re: Zombie Logo needed! ($75)

What exactly is Zombiesoft? A logo should revolve around the name and job description.

#3 February 13 2011

PS3 Lounge

valid point, software company.

#4 February 13 2011

Tigerheart.Hackers

Hey again, PS3 Lounge. Mind giving us a bit more of details please? We'd love a good graphical challenge. What kind of software do you develop? Do you want to have a comic or strictly-business kind of image? Would you like a heavily colorful business card or a classical neat sort of thing? Do you have a slogan? Is the logo going to appear on anything else aside from the card? Are you looking for a logo or an avatar illustration? You see, a logo is something that should look simple and unique, for billing and copyrighting issues. An avatar is something else. Might you be looking for both? Sorry for the numerous questions.

#5 February 13 2011

PS3 Lounge

We develop a large variety of software so this would be out of the design.
Retro graphics / Funky is what I would like. No blood or anything like that. Think of a geeky zombie.
Black red and white for the bcard would be great.
No slogan.
Good point on avatar. I want the character to become the face of the company, kind of like godaddy.com.

I love this little guy http://cdn1.iconfinder.com/data/icons/y … zombie.png  but obviously not ours to use.

Thank you for all the questions, its actually helping me with the process as well.

And yes, we want this guy everywhere, website, packaging, etc.

#6 February 13 2011

rami

75$????

#7 February 14 2011

samer
Admin

rami wrote:

75$????

I understand your frustation.

#8 February 14 2011

PS3 Lounge

Sorry guys but I have to reply to Samer and Rami, no disrespect guys but the offer is out there for whoever is interested, I dont really see how your comments are constructive. You see the post, not interested move on. Samir even your "rules" you discourage such meaningless comments such as $75???

#9 February 14 2011

samer
Admin

PS3 Lounge wrote:

Sorry guys but I have to reply to Samer and Rami, no disrespect guys but the offer is out there for whoever is interested, I dont really see how your comments are constructive. You see the post, not interested move on. Samir even your "rules" you discourage such meaningless comments such as $75???

I thought I would spare attacking a fellow member (that would be you) and let my statement be implicit. But you asked for the long constructive version so here it goes.

It's really sad how people in Lebanon perceive designers as second class citizens. Countless times have I encountered potential clients who didn't give me the project because they got much cheaper alternatives. They failed to see the value I was adding over what their fourteen year old cousin with a cracked copy of Adobe Photoshop was providing them. I would rather do it for free than for $75, because if we set the bar that low good designers in Lebanon will struggle (and eventually leave the country) because of the short-sighted clientele.

I understand that you think Rami's comment is not entirely constructive albeit it reflects a reality. This does not however, justify the bitterness in your tone, which was uncalled for to say the least.

#10 February 14 2011

PS3 Lounge

The budget I have for a logo design of a startup company is $75.00. It falls in the sweet spot of advertised logo designs that vary from $50-$100. It does not matter to me what country I am in, it's the budget I'm trying to work with. I'm not viewing anyone as a second class citizen, I am trying to find talent in a freelancer instead of going to a company that I know would pay the employee a maximum of $10 bucks for his entire days work.

I have seen many people on this site ask for free help and others helping for free, not cool with me. I am offering to pay what I could.

As far as Bitterness in Tone dude, give me a break. This world is a sad place when type is tone.

#11 February 14 2011

rolf

$75 is a tad under the freelance rate, AFAIK.
I know a good designer who'd do a logo for $100, and that's considered somewhat cheap.
Since this is a competition, it means he'll need to work and not know if he'll get rewarded at all, and that's another minus.
You might still be able to get interesting stuff for that price, especially from enthusiasts, so I advise you to say more about your company and make it a bit more engaging for any potential enthusiast to be attracted into contributing. Also if you're looking for professional designers, you might not get a lot here - still a good start though.
And finally, good luck for your project.
PS: $10 a day makes about $200 a month.

#12 February 14 2011

ranibalaa

locking the topic would probably be a good idea now- its getting tense in here

#13 February 14 2011

PS3 Lounge

rolf wrote:

$75 is a tad under the freelance rate, AFAIK.
I know a good designer who'd do a logo for $100, and that's considered somewhat cheap.
Since this is a competition, it means he'll need to work and not know if he'll get rewarded at all, and that's another minus.
You might still be able to get interesting stuff for that price, especially from enthusiasts, so I advise you to say more about your company and make it a bit more engaging for any potential enthusiast to be attracted into contributing. Also if you're looking for professional designers, you might not get a lot here - still a good start though.
And finally, good luck for your project.
PS: $10 a day makes about $200 a month.

Thank you for the feedback. I would like to get in touch with your designer to complete the logo. Can you pm me his/her info. Thank you for your help.

#14 February 14 2011

PS3 Lounge

ranibalaa wrote:

locking the topic would probably be a good idea now- its getting tense in here

No tension, misunderstandings =) lebgeeks.com is still a great resource for talent.

#15 February 15 2011

the_pessimist

Let me try to understand this.  :-)

The original post asked for a 'paid challenge' (not hosted by LebGeeks) to design a specific logo for the benefits of an external company.

If I got it right, I would like to say that <noOffense>while LebGeeks is a great place for sharing, I don't think it is ethical to use it the way you're suggesting</noOffense>.  Furthermore, I vote for adding a rule (if it doesn't already exist) to the forum's etiquette that strictly forbids this scenario.

@PS3_Lounge:  I think it would be more convenient in your case to directly hire a graphic designer and pay him to do the job.  A post calling for a graphic designer would have been more welcomed.

#16 February 15 2011

battikh

I don't see what the guy did wrong.

He did not ask for a logo from a professional designer. The logo he might go for might be worth 75$. And different companies have different budgets, you can't assume that everyone can go for the best, that's why he's not going for professional help, which will later be reflected in the quality of the logo (it already is, he's going for a mascot, not a logo, that's too detailed to be used as a logo), but again, that's a sacrifice he might be willing to do, not all companies can afford it from the start.

Plus, as compared to others, I have seen here people asking for complete network designs for free. Do you know how much companies charge for that? No one ever complained.
He has an offer, you're free to either take it if you're interested or leave it if you're not, why the flaming?

#17 February 15 2011

samer
Admin

This seems to be turning into a flame war. PS3 Lounge, sorry for that. Guys, let's stick to what he's asking. Only reply if you're willing to design or know someone who can do it.

#18 February 15 2011

rolf

Hi PS3 Lounge, I'm sorry I was wrong about something. I went over my emails again, and that guy was quoting a logo design for $200-$300. I don't know why I said $100. I think he made me a price but I doubt it was as low as $100.
Anyway I'll send you his coordinates. I'm just sorry for my mistake!

Board footer