LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 February 8 2011

forgotten

Re: PS3 Jailbreak Tutorial using a USB (Kmeaw 3.55)

Well if that works  I will try it  :)but again  what is the use of this?

I mean come on 40 GB for one game?

Just calculate...  For me for example 2.5 gb of usage cost around 50$  that makes 1000$ for one Game
and please dont`t say now "you have night usage" because who likes to sit around 6-12 week 8 hours a day in front of a download praying that it works?

Well and then there is still the issue of electric blackouts and not to metion that  no goddamn one click hoster will accept that you block his line for 8-10 hours without having one of these ripoff ,fraudulent ,premium accounts, and then if  you have more luck than  anybody else in the universe and all that works somehow  then you can`t even browse in the meantime  because everything is disabled thanks to the download.

I just said that the solution with the shop gives you 3 games  together with the jailbreak for around  30.000LL if you compare that to the  so called free solution  thats a lot cheaper  dont you think.

By the way I softmodded my wii  so hardcore that   even a modchip can`t compete but that was usefull because those games have tolerable sizes you "only" sit a week for your game download  ..... you get the idea lol

#27 February 8 2011

chosen2k

Well this way, is for you to backup your OWN copies.
You own the game, you backup the game, you play the game without using the Blu ray.

This way is for installing homebrew; games; utilities and even the linux option that was taken away.

I dont know about the shop in tripoli but if he is still modding on 3.41 with a usb dongle there is a problem.

No one is encouraging you to download the ps3 games, if you want to pirate (i.e. play games that you don't own) be smart about it, you'll find ways that do not need download.

check ur PM.

#28 February 8 2011

forgotten

well sure I agree  about the backup and homebrew part but emulation and stuff is not required on my ps3 because I do that stuff already on wii  but it`d be usefull  to at least have the abiliy of getting Games  cheaper than 90 $   or like I said 1000$ via net lol Ps i,ll come back at you concerning the PM

#29 February 8 2011

ranibalaa

As you said , the place in tripoli sells them for 10,000 and why dont u just get a torrent. COD 7 black ops is 16gb i download it in 1 week, at night  so its okay if you want to download too.

#30 February 8 2011

forgotten

Sure torrents work...BUT:I dont want to get raped by spyware and shit ...  Thats all  but thats just me  no offense :)

Anyway of course there are solutions in my opinion is  buying the games from a shop the easiest concerning Ps3  for xbox and wii  is it better to hack and  do what you want but ps3s are one hell of expensive  and if they brick, you cant just recover them like a wii via bootmii . Then again I^m not so much the online Player since my connection is too bad concerning especially the pings from 190-3500 ms no joke :(   therefore  I like this solution the most.

btw has anyone of you already a playstation remote  and if yes how are they? Better than the wii motes or worse?

#31 February 11 2011

chosen2k

the remotes are nice.. They're really precise.

And what is cool is that now some games will be released with move compatibility
Like little big planet 2, dead space 2 , and when it's released killzone 3 and i'm sure a lot more.

#32 February 11 2011

forgotten

Little Big planet was my favorite game. I m looking forward  to get the sequel next month.  For what do the remotes usually retail here in Lebanon as everyone knows Sonyworld is hyper expensive so any prices or shop suggestions?

#33 February 11 2011

chosen2k

$52

<admin edit: please put more effort in your post, three character posts are unacceptable>

Last edited by chosen2k (February 14 2011)

#34 February 14 2011

chosen2k

For those interested,
New way to bypass sony's DNS restrictions and access PSN and play online

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f118/%5Bgui … post742795

Once again if you get banned or blow up your ps3, it was your choice to jailbreak the system in the first place.

#35 February 15 2011

qwerty12

great tutorial.. i have two questions:
1- is this process reversible? can i update after that to a newer firmware and lose the backups and everything and go back to being "legit" in the eyes of sony?
2- how can i check which version i currently have? (i want to know which version and if it's custom or not because i'm not sure..)

#36 February 15 2011

chosen2k

1- The process is reversible. From CFW Kmeaw to OFW Sony. But If you go to Official Firmware 3.56 You cannot go back to CFW.
About being legit: There will always be traces on your system that it was jailbroken at a certain point in time.
So if Sony decides it is going to start banning users based on these traces they can get you.

2- If your system does not run backups, that means the FW is official.
If it runs backups using:
a- A USB dongle. That means you are on official FW, probably 3.41. The hack is in the USB
But as explained above the traces of the jailbreak are present on the ps3.
b- A CFW 3.55. That means you are on a CFW.

To check the version of your system software, go to > (Settings) >   (System Settings) > [System Information]. The information is shown in the [System Software] field.

#37 February 16 2011

kareem_nasser

A warning to hackers:

Important Access to the PlayStation Network and Access to Qriocity Services Notice
Unauthorized circumvention devices for the PlayStation 3 system have been recently released by hackers.
These devices permit the use of unauthorized or pirated software. Use of such devices or software violates the terms of the “System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation 3 System” and the “Terms of Services and User Agreement” for the PlayStation Network/Qriocity and its Community Code of Conduct provisions.
Violation of the System Software Licence Agreement for the PlayStation 3 System invalidates the consumer guarantee for that system. In addition, copying or playing pirated software is a violation of International Copyright Laws.
Consumers using circumvention devices or running unauthorized or pirated software will have access to the PlayStation Network and access to Qriocity services through PlayStation 3 System terminated permanently.
To avoid this, consumers must immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from their PlayStation 3 systems.

Extracted from: Official Statement Regarding PS3 Circumvention Devices And Pirated Software

#38 February 16 2011

chosen2k

^ Yep kareem is right.

Deep down we all knew that the day will come where
Hacked ps3 = Ban from PSN

So to be on the safe side DISABLE YOUR PS3's internet connection.

Last edited by chosen2k (February 16 2011)

#39 February 16 2011

kareem_nasser

More info:
Reports of First PS3 Bans have Begun

So basically if you are banned from PSN then this is the error:

You cannot use the PlayStation Network with this account (8002a227)

#40 February 17 2011

kareem_nasser

This what you will see:
psn_banhammer_20544_screen.jpg

For more info read this from GameSpot:
PS3 hacker bans begin

#41 February 20 2011

kareem_nasser

A new blog by GeoHot: GEOHOT GOT SUED

In his second blog post on FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2011 he states that he is with CFW bans.

#42 February 22 2011

bskaram

@ forgotten
After jailbreaking, you can go to this shop, and I'm sure he has many games, and you can get each for like 10$, without initially paying 60$ for the jailbreak. Internet download solved.

As for the ban, even if you disconnect your PS3 now, i think the traces will still be there when you reconnect again, unless you use a log eraser, or a backup manager with a built-in one. I haven't played online yet, but my PSN always signs in automatically, and no ban so far. Either way, I never play online, so it's ok!

#43 February 22 2011

chosen2k

@bskaram are you sure you can still connect to psn ?

#44 February 22 2011

bskaram

I used to, but after the 3.56 update, I didn't bother with the DNS spoofing, since I don't really use PSN. But I'm sure you can if you bypass the 3.56 restrictions, and connect normally.

#45 February 23 2011

chosen2k

Game Compatibility Sheet.
It's in french but I'm sure you'll be able understand.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key … l=fr#gid=0

#46 February 23 2011

bskaram

I made a PS3 homebrew list here, if anyone is interested!

#47 February 28 2011

chosen2k

I was able to connect to PSN using the following
FUCKPSN v0.5
http://playstation-3.logic-sunrise.com/ … wares.html

For those who are already banned,
You can use the following to unban yourseves:
http://playstation-3.logic-sunrise.com/ … n-maj.html
Don't forget to write down your console ID and psid before changing them to random Id's

For extra security, use this to hide your hacking history:
http://playstation-3.logic-sunrise.com/ … e-ps3.html

If I get banned, I'll let you know :)

Happy hacking!

#48 March 7 2011

kareem_nasser

Sony granted IP access in PS3 jailbreak case
So basically dont be happy that you have jail-broken your PS3 and still using PSN.

#49 March 8 2011

chosen2k

Dude what are you talking about ?

This is the reality you seek,
Sony want the numbers (Ip's of people who log to geohot blog) to prove at trial the wide dissemination of his hack through his blog.
And two, with the logs they want to try to know the geographic location of the Ip's that logged to Geohot website so they can try to sue him in San Francisco rather than in New York.

What does this news you linked got to do with the jailbreak, playing online on psn, or being unhappy?

Please post news like this in its appropriate thread, that you can find here.
Peace !

Last edited by chosen2k (March 8 2011)

#50 March 8 2011

kareem_nasser

Dude i think this is a trick by Sony to fool the hackers.
They will track the IP on the blog then compare it with the IPs of the hacked PS3 and viola, they can easily be gather up claims on GeoHot.

Note: Just a warning to hackers.

Board footer