LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 December 7 2010

Gomez012

Re: World of Warcraft - Game Thread

Badieh wrote:

Hello guys!

First time I post here, I'm a WoW player myself, trying to find a place to get Cataclysm from. Just like many here, I cant get and download the digital order cause of limited connectivity, so until now, i didnt pre order.

I play on US btw, i know .... i know.... 8 hours sucks! But I got this account for sometime now, and made 4 80s in it,one with over 7300 achievement points, so dont feel like starting all over in Eu.

Anyways, anyone knows the location of pcandparts store ? or is it only Online?

It is an online store.
www.pcandparts.com

#77 December 7 2010

DG

PCAndParts still dont have it.
Here is their reply to my mail today.

Dear Sir

Here is the latest tracking result

Traitée à l'agence DHL de PARIS - FRANCE
mardi, Décembre 07, 2010 à 06:52
Origine:  ORLY - FRANCE
Destination:  BEIRUT - LEBANON

If you have any comments or questions feel free to contact us .

Thank You.
Best Regards.
Computer Parts.

Looks like they pre-ordered it and it was shipped from Paris to Beirut today in the morning. I'd say it will take a couple of days to get to Lebanon... then a day to have them deliver it to you.
Three days all in all... should get it by Friday and level during the week-end if we're lucky.

Last edited by DG (December 7 2010)

#78 December 7 2010

vengeance666

DG wrote :
Does anyone know if getting the key is enough ? I have downloaded all the online updates.
Or do I also need to get the game on DVD to be able to play Cataclysm ?

same case for me too , i have all the online updates till now and my launcher says world of warcraft is up to date , so when i digital upgrade my account is there any thing else i have to download ? or i upgrade and hit the game directly ?

#79 December 7 2010

arthas

vengeance666 wrote:

DG wrote :
Does anyone know if getting the key is enough ? I have downloaded all the online updates.
Or do I also need to get the game on DVD to be able to play Cataclysm ?

same case for me too , i have all the online updates till now and my launcher says world of warcraft is up to date , so when i digital upgrade my account is there any thing else i have to download ? or i upgrade and hit the game directly ?

Guess you would play directly, but the background downloader will download something or two.

I'm gonna wait till lebanon "hopefuly" gets the actualy packages, I hate to buy it electronically.

#80 December 7 2010

d3ad

so any news if the game is available on the any of the stores in beirut.

#81 December 7 2010

Badieh

DG wrote:

PCAndParts still dont have it.
Here is their reply to my mail today.

Dear Sir

Here is the latest tracking result

Traitée à l'agence DHL de PARIS - FRANCE
mardi, Décembre 07, 2010 à 06:52
Origine:  ORLY - FRANCE
Destination:  BEIRUT - LEBANON

If you have any comments or questions feel free to contact us .

Thank You.
Best Regards.
Computer Parts.

Looks like they pre-ordered it and it was shipped from Paris to Beirut today in the morning. I'd say it will take a couple of days to get to Lebanon... then a day to have them deliver it to you.
Three days all in all... should get it by Friday and level during the week-end if we're lucky.

Yeah, i got the same reply from them. Wait for them? or buy digital copy?  ...hmmmm...

#82 December 8 2010

Bassem

Today PC And Parts informed me that they will have the DVDs in 5 days.
They already have the serial keys.

#83 December 8 2010

d3ad

i have  the complete WoW if anyone needs (folder size is 31GB)  US version
I am staying in beirut Hamra Area.

Last edited by d3ad (December 9 2010)

#84 December 8 2010

hadi593

Guys I'd just like to know if there is any realm on US servers with a Lebanese community on the HORDE side!!! I really want to play with some Lebanese players!

help?

#85 December 8 2010

vengeance666

it's easier to find lebanese players on EU servers since the latency different due to geographical reasons , for instance i know 3 lebanese guilds on 3 different servers , the one i'm in called the corrupted legion on twisting nether ( of course horde side  ) , another horde one on ragnaros and one on deathwing i guess alliance side.. it's kinda hard to find a US one , i remember reading somewhere about a US lebanese guild but i think its alliance side , i dont remember where i read that or the details about the guild anyways , good luck finding any !

#86 December 9 2010

DG

Bassem wrote:

Today PC And Parts informed me that they will have the DVDs in 5 days.
They already have the serial keys.

PCandParts already have the DVDs.
They delivered the DVD and they KEY today in the morning (via Aramex) to my house.

Cheers.

#87 December 10 2010

arthas

Go Go Go Virgin just got it this morning !

#88 December 10 2010

edgelord101

There's a Lebanese guild on Dragonblight. Comprised of mostly Hamra/AUB/LAU students. I'll let you guys know the name if I ever remember to ask about it.

#89 December 10 2010

Bassem

arthas, do you know if Virgin have the US version as well?

#90 December 26 2010

jadz

iam interested in joining a lebanese Guild on EU  i only got a Deathknight atm level 85, i prefer a raiding guild

#91 December 26 2010

Jingles
Banned

hello...i play wow also and currently living in lebanon...but like to play in us server...but the internet is extreamly slow so i lagg...and i have a limited internet so i have only 2gb download...so i waste it by playing wow in5 days...plz can u tell me how i can buy us gamecards and get an unlimited internet which is just a little bit fast..im not asking not to lag but atleast it will work
....plz reply

#92 December 26 2010

Jingles
Banned

and do you know any blood elf rogue tips cause im new and got addicted..i wish i never started but the game is extreamely nice

Last edited by Jingles (January 2 2011)

#93 December 26 2010

vengeance666

if you are still at a low level , just switch to EU servers , alot less lag

#94 December 27 2010

Jingles
Banned

hello if u have a limited connection dosent playing wow finish it quick... i also play wow and i have a limited coneection but i dnt want to keep paying tons of money for only five days plz tell me ur internet cause i want to play the game

#95 December 27 2010

Jingles
Banned

and i heard that in the eu servers theres tons of characters that hack u and banned u from the game thats why im us server..is that true

#96 December 27 2010

vengeance666

if that was true noone would be playing and blizzard ain't that stupid my friend :\

#97 December 28 2010

Devaz

Ummmm no , It's Just there has been more accidents regarding Hacking accounts in EU then in the US . But if you're Living in lebanon and want to be competitive when it comes to  ........ well pretty much PvE or PvP then yes EU is the way to go  , And it would be better for you since the Timezones are only slightly different  .

But when it comes to Gold spammers , and Account thieves and bans and yadi yadi yada  , Both the US Version and the EU version Depend on the "warden" which is a program they use to identify those people  . But the whole of blizzard security has been breached especially now that the spammers and account selling sites have Almost all if Not ALL  the emails you re using to register to WoW  ( which is why you always get those phishing scams and emails )

#98 December 28 2010

vengeance666

Devaz wrote:

Ummmm no , It's Just there has been more accidents regarding Hacking accounts in EU then in the US . But if you're Living in lebanon and want to be competitive when it comes to  ........ well pretty much PvE or PvP then yes EU is the way to go  , And it would be better for you since the Timezones are only slightly different  .

But when it comes to Gold spammers , and Account thieves and bans and yadi yadi yada  , Both the US Version and the EU version Depend on the "warden" which is a program they use to identify those people  . But the whole of blizzard security has been breached especially now that the spammers and account selling sites have Almost all if Not ALL  the emails you re using to register to WoW  ( which is why you always get those phishing scams and emails )

true , you can simply be carefull not to login or open any of these suspicious emails..and even if you do if you still have your WoW email password ( assuming they only placed hand of the WoW account login information ) , when they try to log into your account for example in china , your account will be locked and information sent your email tells you how to reactivate it , happened with my friend yesterday when he gave his password to my other friend wich is with another ISP , so different IPs etccc , just when he tried to login to the account , both of their accounts got locked , because blizzard assumed they were actually stolen from their respective owners.so theoretically you shouldn't be afraid of your account beeing hacked and stolen if you pay just a little bit more attention for what you download or wich pages you visit.

#99 December 29 2010

Devaz

Having an authenticator used to mean something  , now it's just Bleh  , Even if you have an authenticator and change your password every now and then  , Your Account is fair game in the eyes of the hackers  . Sure it s harder for them to hack it if you have an authenticator but it also works the other way around lol  True Story  : Account Stealer Steals an Account and then Sets HIS OWN authenticator on it  so the other eye can t retrieve it   unless he calls blizzard and does like a month or 2 of procedures IF they actually believe he s the owner

#100 December 29 2010

WizaRd

Anyone having problems logging in ?

I'm on Ogero and it seems I cannot open any website related to WoW or Battle.net whatsoever.

Furthermore, the game launcher and repair tool return me an error to check my internet connection while everything else is working.

Even Starcraft2 is down... weird!

Last edited by Flyingwizard (December 29 2010)

Board footer