LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#301 August 14 2016

MohZz

Re: World of Warcraft - Game Thread

zibiluje wrote:

i dont play shaman but i can help you with keybinds , and for the macros talents and rotation jst search youtube for famous stereamers who play shaman you'll find what you want

Sure! Thanks!

If you want, PM me the mapping or whatever suits you. :)

#302 August 16 2016

Totoro

Professions:
You can either take two professions that go well together like Mining & Blacksmithing / Skinning & Leatherworking / Herbalism & Alchemy for example. I don't really go into gathering professions. I always preferred having two professions that have their own 'thing'.

Blacksmithing: You can craft gear and sell it or wear it.
Jewelcrafting: You can craft gems for gear and stuff.
Enchanting: You can craft enchants for different items. 
Engineering: You can craft goggles, and loads of fun things honestly. (my favorite profession on my mage).
Leatherworking: Mainly if you wear leather or want a nice profession to level up with skinning.
Inscription: Not sure how this profession is useful since they removed glyphs and that's all I thought they did lol.
Alchemy: You can make nice potions that sell for quite a lot, especially at the start of an expansion. (I find this profession to be pretty lucrative if studied correctly)
Tailoring: Same as leatherworking but for clothies.
I personally think JC, Ench, Alchemy make more gold than the rest. But pick Engineering most of the time because it's just too much fun.

Also as side professions, Archeology is pretty fun since you get some perks. Cooking is good for raiding if you're in a guild, you get to drop a feast that gives buffs. Fishing only has two cool things in my opinion: The title, "Salty" and the Turtle mount.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

As for keybindings:

Best advice is to bind almost everything and change them only when they feel uncomfortable, getting used to them is vital.

Movement: Move with either QWE or AWD. Unbind S and replace the turn keys with strafe instead. The most important thing for movement is the mouse and keeping it on your character or above his head is important since when you click right click and release you can always locate it quickly.

Mount: Shift-Space
Spells: Instants should have easy bindings
Always bind in order of importance too (you don't want your wolf form to be as 4 when you can bind it to X for example)
Example, on my restoration shaman my bindings are as such:
1 Flame Shock
2 Lava burst
3 Lightning (I use 1 2 3 as offensive spells because I bind Alt-1-2-3 as target Arena 1-2-3, therefore I can't self heal myself with alt.
I use 4 which is the fastest button for the spell I use most which is Riptide.
5- Healing wave
S-Healing surge (alt S, Alt 4 and Alt 5 for self heals)
Now most of the other bindings have cooldowns and you want to have more complicated bindings for them since you won't be using them as much.
Offensive spells should be cast quickly because you have a small window where you call kill a target:
Using Shift-R, Shift-4 are two close bindings for offensive spells.
Defensive spells are as important and should have easy Shift-binds.

Totems also have cooldowns and could be binded as Shift 1-2-3.
V- Interrupt (with Shift-V as a macro for Focus target interrupt)
C- Usually my Crowd control ability, in your case Hex (Also bound to Focus Hex with Shift-C)
T-Purge a targets buffs (Shift T for Focus purge buffs too).

With all the above you still have R F G Z X Q and E.

I use Control with my bindings when I run out of binds or to use weird stuff like buffs or whatever's left basically.

Last edited by Totoro (August 16 2016)

#303 August 16 2016

MohZz

Wow! Thanks for the reply on that!

I haven't picked any professions yet, but I was thinking about learning JewelCrafting. Though the second one I still don't know what to pick ._.

I've started some Archeology and looks neat. I liked it.
But As far as I've heard, there are some ways to power level some professions?

Could anyone tell me how? ^_^

#304 August 16 2016

Totoro

MohZz wrote:

I haven't picked any professions yet, but I was thinking about learning JewelCrafting. Though the second one I still don't know what to pick ._.

There are guides on how to level your professions to max level quickly. A simple google search for that will suffice.

The only thing I remember is when Draenor went live you could randomly loot scrolls that would up your profession till like 600 or 700. Haven't touched my professions in a while so I don't recall.

#305 August 22 2016

zibiluje

Totoro wrote:
MohZz wrote:

There are guides on how to level your professions to max level quickly. A simple google search for that will suffice.

The only thing I remember is when Draenor went live you could randomly loot scrolls that would up your profession till like 600 or 700. Haven't touched my professions in a while so I don't recall.

or you can just purchase the scrolls from prof trainers in ashran

#306 September 15 2016

Totoro

Just want to say thank you Blizzard for such an amazing expansion so far. It's been immensely fun, many friends came back to play the game. World quests are a really good idea, I actually feel like a Paladin because of the Order Hall and all the class specific quests.

Mythic dungeons are hard enough to make you think and look at tactics unlike the previous two expansions.

Professions are wawawiwa as well. Made a lot of gold using them so far.

Thought I'd share my .02 on Legion.

#307 September 15 2016

xterm

Agreed, it's been pretty good so far. Your character doesn't go idle as soon as you max out your ilvl on HC due to WQ, Mythics, War+Titanforged, LegendaryHunt, ArtifactPower, HiddenAppearances, Professions and so on.

They've also already pushed 7.1 to PTR, they seem to be serious about fast content delivery.

Let's hope this keeps up.

#308 September 15 2016

Totoro

Yepp, I'm going to be raiding on Ravencrest - EU, hopefully with good mythic progression finally. I miss raiding seriously, it just wasn't interesting at all during MoP and WoD

#309 October 2 2016

zibiluje

Totoro wrote:

Yepp, I'm going to be raiding on Ravencrest - EU, hopefully with good mythic progression finally. I miss raiding seriously, it just wasn't interesting at all during MoP and WoD

all i can say is THEY NERFED ARMS !
damn i missed the few weeks of launch i was oneshoting everything :

#310 October 3 2016

Totoro

zibiluje wrote:

all i can say is THEY NERFED ARMS !
damn i missed the few weeks of launch i was oneshoting everything :

Hahah! The warrior in my guild went Fury as well and left Arms for the RNG gods.
Legion has been great so far, haven't played so much WoW in a long time.
My guild has downed 1/7 on Mythic already and we got the second to 5% before calling it a night.

#311 October 7 2016

deadlee

hey guys, so i want to get back into the game but i need to download 20GB of files and at my connection speed this will take me at least a week, would anyone let me copy the game files? i got a USB, i'm located in aoukar but i can take a trip if it's not too far, would really appreciate it!

#312 October 10 2016

Totoro

I live in Baabda, pretty far but I have the game updated, also you could pass by any Network and take it from there too if you know one that's close to your house.

#313 October 15 2016

zibiluje

deadlee wrote:

hey guys, so i want to get back into the game but i need to download 20GB of files and at my connection speed this will take me at least a week, would anyone let me copy the game files? i got a USB, i'm located in aoukar but i can take a trip if it's not too far, would really appreciate it!

I have it however i live in jbeil but im available in kaslik every monday tuesday and wednesday if you want it its always on my portable hdd !

#314 November 11 2016

EzikMezik

I just came back to wow from wotlk after hearing a lot of good stuff about Legion. Would really like to play with some of you
Here's my battle tag: Pantsu#21252.
I play on Zenedar-EU

#315 November 11 2016

Totoro

I'm guessing if you're on Zenedar, you probably play Horde right?

#316 November 11 2016

EzikMezik

Totoro wrote:

I'm guessing if you're on Zenedar, you probably play Horde right?

Correct, Lok-Tar Ogar!

#317 November 14 2016

Totoro

I used to be on Zenedar, then learned the way of the light and became a Dwarf Paladin. (On Ravencrest)

FOR BRONZEBEARD!

#318 November 16 2016

EzikMezik

Totoro wrote:

I used to be on Zenedar, then learned the way of the light and became a Dwarf Paladin. (On Ravencrest)

FOR BRONZEBEARD!

Lol I read the first sentence in a Skyrim guard voice
Do you have any horde alts?

#319 November 17 2016

Totoro

EzikMezik wrote:
Totoro wrote:

FOR BRONZEBEARD!

Shadow Priest on Kazzak. Hahah beware of the arrow.

#320 November 18 2016

EzikMezik

Totoro wrote:
EzikMezik wrote:
Totoro wrote:

FOR BRONZEBEARD!

Shadow Priest on Kazzak. Hahah beware of the arrow.

Alright cool then, add me and we could play sometime, i also play overwatch if you have that
Pantsu#21252

#321 November 18 2016

zibiluje

Totoro wrote:

FOR BRONZEBEARD!

i quit 2 months ago i used to play human warrior on ravencrest , legion is just too grindy and requires alot of time ...
anywho if i ever wanna come back on christmas break , heres my btag zibi#1920

#322 January 6 2017

Mekhayel

Hello all! Well I'm in a tricky situation here. I do not have a window pc here in Lebanon. All I've got is a Mac. I won't be travelling anytime soon and I need a mac version of the game including legion. I tried everything, and every shop here in Lebanon, no one is willing to download 80 GB of data 

My friend told me to use this site as this couldd be my last resort before attempting to download the whole game on Alfa 4G. Please respond if you've got a version of this game, and save your fellow gamer here. Peace!

#323 January 6 2017

tiny fx

Mekhayel wrote:

Hello all! Well I'm in a tricky situation here. I do not have a window pc here in Lebanon. All I've got is a Mac. I won't be travelling anytime soon and I need a mac version of the game including legion. I tried everything, and every shop here in Lebanon, no one is willing to download 80 GB of data 

My friend told me to use this site as this couldd be my last resort before attempting to download the whole game on Alfa 4G. Please respond if you've got a version of this game, and save your fellow gamer here. Peace!

I suggest installing bootcamp as a last resort

#324 January 7 2017

Mekhayel

tiny fx wrote:
Mekhayel wrote:

I suggest installing bootcamp as a last resort

Bootcamp requires a partition on my internal SSD with a minimum of 40gb free storage. Sadly in my case, this cannot be carried.

#325 January 10 2017

Kazouza

Playing Alliance with a couple of local and foreign friends on The Maelstrom EU.

Btag: Kazouza#1203

Board footer