LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 14 2010

Abou7meed

Lebanese Satellite Cable Providers

Well first of all, I finally found Lebanese people on the net to discuss my case with,

Do you know the receiver named "Platinium" where the cable (Dish) giving to people, I had one, but I was searching for HD one since I have a 42" Plasma screen and wana enjoy it, so anyone in Lebanon has Platinium with HDMI output, and with the HD channels (Jazera Sports HD , Abou Dabi Sports HD , ShowMovies HD , ..... ) Someone told me that we will have one within 2 months !

Since I didn't find any HD Platinium receiver in my area, I got a Dish (to NileSat) & HD Receiver with a black dongle + adapter where you can connect it through the internet , and all the scrambled channels (mshafareen) are now open to watch....EXCEPT the HD ones since the dongle I have can't open the HD channels found on NileSat, anyone has a dongle that open those channels  ?

Is there any cable provider in Lebanon which supports HD signal, I phoned cablevision they  proudly said no !! What about EcoNet does it have HD channels, I can't see its site its under construction....

Thats All !

#2 September 14 2010

xterm

Re: Lebanese Satellite Cable Providers

Interesting questions. I'd like to know the answers as well.

#3 September 15 2010

Samoora

LEBANON

Twax
Saloumeh Round about, Sin El Fil
Tel: 01 480 422
Tel: 01 496 923
Email: jack@etwax.com,
Iman@etwax.com or
support@etwax.com

Source: http://www.osnetwork.com/Contact_en_gb.aspx

Maybe they can help :o

#4 September 15 2010

Abou7meed

Samoora that address can only supply a license subscription for Showtime only,
its HD receiver and subsc. cost around 600$ a year...which is really expensive for us (Lebanese used on Dish 10$ monthly  :)    )

#5 September 15 2010

Samoora

hmm afaik cable arent doing HD yet :/

#6 September 15 2010

Abou7meed

So we end up living in Lebanon with a crapy internet + crapy TV channels !!
They are selling tons of HD TVs here and less than 10% are using them to watch real HD channels !! (except BluRay)
People are buying HD TVs just to enjoy how its big & huge, and watching normal Dish on the big screen (which is by the way worst than a normal 26" TV, asif u r maximizing the picture to a double without making the source better...you'll end up with a picture full of small tiny squares = betfa2es)...the same as internet .... just MSN / Facebook !!  :(

Man believe me there is a huge difference between PTV & HD, I can get Jazera Sport HD....you can see his hair the grass every single detail on the field extremely clear + Dolby Surround 5.1, watching a HD football match mot3a !!
So imagine watching movies/news/sports ..... everything in HD !!

Last edited by Abou7meed (September 15 2010)

#7 September 15 2010

mmk92

Abou7meed wrote:

So we end up living in Lebanon with a crapy internet + crapy TV channels !!
They are selling tons of HD TVs here and less than 10% are using them to watch real HD channels !! (except BluRay)
People are buying HD TVs just to enjoy how its big & huge, and watching normal Dish on the big screen (which is by the way worst than a normal 26" TV, asif u r maximizing the picture to a double without making the source better...you'll end up with a picture full of small tiny squares = betfa2es)...the same as internet .... just MSN / Facebook !!  :(

Man believe me there is a huge difference between PTV & HD, I can get Jazera Sport HD....you can see his hair the grass every single detail on the field extremely clear + Dolby Surround 5.1, watching a HD football match mot3a !!
So imagine watching movies/news/sports ..... everything in HD !!

its not THAT fasinating, my hdtv upscales my satalite receivers input and drastically improves the picture's colour, sharpness and contrast

#8 September 24 2010

joe.kl

According to a new agreement on tuesday, cable vision will be able to include OSN HD channels.. lets just hope they do soon!
but what about an HD capable receiver or a HD DVR will i find any good receivers? what would be the price range?!

ps: Abou7meed what kind of black dongle are you talking about?

#9 September 27 2010

Abou7meed

joe.kl this is a great news !!
Any site out there for more details,
Well I think this is the beginning , cable-vision was the first so now every cable provider can get the HD channels by a certain agreement or something, they will replace our Platinium TV Decoder with an HD one, then get those HD channels !!

Regarding my dongle, i really don't know whats its brand, neither its written on...
its just a black dongle where you can put your Ethernet port inside then plug the whole dongle on the back of the receiver (serial port) , and it has a black adapter with a yellow LED on it,
it has a serial number & no brand name....Thats all,

Last edited by Abou7meed (September 27 2010)

#10 September 27 2010

MegaCool

Abou7meed wrote:

Regarding my dongle, i really don't know whats its brand, neither its written on...
its just a black dongle where you can put your Ethernet port inside then plug the whole dongle on the back of the receiver (serial port) , and it has a black adapter with a yellow LED on it,
it has a serial number & no brand name....Thats all,

Yeah thats a morebox i guess, I have it too, really great unlocks all the nilesat channels, but there's  only like a single HD channel so far, which is the Al Jazeera sport HD, and during the WC there was a 3d Jazeera too, im not sure but it'd be great to have OSN and Discovery channels in 1080p...

Btw more than 70% of people buying HD TVs here don't know whats the purpose of the tv and what its supposed to do, a friend of mine bought a full hd 43' panasonic tv just because its big and connected it straight to the crappy 10$ signal cable subscription, the quality of the picture is just pathetic, but when we tried an HD video throughout the pc on the screen the result was breathtaking..so yeah basically we have a bad publicity/advertisement,  here people have the right to know more about HD TVs/3D, and their purpose, not just sell them like crazy randomly for the sake of inch sizes

Last edited by MegaCool (September 27 2010)

#11 September 28 2010

Abou7meed

MegaCool : Great that you have the same dongle as mine, yeah it unlocks all nilesat channels,
What about HotBird, Did you try it too ? I am thinking of connecting to HotBird .... Does it unlock the HD channels there ? At HotBird they have more HD channels....what about Nova 1,2,3 ? its like OSN Cinema 1,2,3 they put great movies,

So how long does that dongle last ? I really don't know any info about that !! I heard its a 1 year lifetime !
I bought mine from about 2 months and working fine till now ... What about yours ?

Last edited by Abou7meed (September 28 2010)

#12 September 28 2010

joe.kl

#13 September 30 2010

MegaCool

I'm not sure about the lifespan of the dongle, I bought it 2 months ago just for fun, i don't really watch tv, but it works through air digital sharing, and the company called moresat, they said that they'll support as much as they can, so it might take a year and probably even years to stop...and concerning hotbird it only unlocks the bis french channels
http://www.flysat.com/bis.php
Animaux, Action Mangas and others, but no Nova or sky Italia..the HD channels don't work on my receiver though..

#14 September 30 2010

Louis40

Hey guys,

I have been using a DM500S with a sharing servers outside lebanon for 2 years now. And all chanels are opened perfectly. As much you capture satellites as you have the crypted chanels.

I am going for DM800HD soon to watch the HD chanels because the DM800 has a DVI which you can connect it to the LCD HD on HDMI plug.

Cables etc,, they oblige you to see chanels at their choice, whereas with the sharing you are free.

Cheers

#15 October 4 2010

KiSsEr
Banned

Well every Area in lebanon have its own Cable provider but till now none have Hd channels :)

#16 October 4 2010

WizaRd

Louis40 wrote:

Hey guys,

I have been using a DM500S with a sharing servers outside lebanon for 2 years now. And all chanels are opened perfectly. As much you capture satellites as you have the crypted chanels.

I am going for DM800HD soon to watch the HD chanels because the DM800 has a DVI which you can connect it to the LCD HD on HDMI plug.

Cables etc,, they oblige you to see chanels at their choice, whereas with the sharing you are free.

Cheers

How much does it consume in terms of bandwidth ?

#17 October 4 2010

chaosn

Cable vision added discovery HD, I think will start to add all the other HD channels

Last edited by chaosn (October 5 2010)

#18 October 9 2010

Louis40

Flyingwizard wrote:
Louis40 wrote:

Hey guys,

Cheers

How much does it consume in terms of bandwidth ?

in terms of bandwidth it consumes like everyday 3 to 4kb max so it's mothing.. a 256KB download is enough..

And for the HD chanels most of them are open on sharing ofcourse you need an HD receiver as well as an LCD TV HD ready with HDMI interface or full HD..

#19 January 3 2012

MoE8A

hey guys,
I don't know much about unlocking channels so i really appreciate if someone can help, i'm not getting the parts where you talk about the devices you all are using.
I have Strong HD receiver SRT 4622XII digital video recorder and currently i'm using the ECOnet card on it and their services are not that well.
I'm trying to find a way to get All Aljazeera Sports Locked channels and AD Sports channels but i couldn't find any provider for all those channels in Lebanon.
I noticed that you guys know a way, so please if you can explain to me what devices should i get to unlock those channels and where can i find those devices in Lebanon. Also if i can get those channels in HD or not.

Thank you very much :)

#20 January 3 2012

Prince WJ

MoE8A wrote:

hey guys,
I don't know much about unlocking channels so i really appreciate if someone can help, i'm not getting the parts where you talk about the devices you all are using.
I have Strong HD receiver SRT 4622XII digital video recorder and currently i'm using the ECOnet card on it and their services are not that well.
I'm trying to find a way to get All Aljazeera Sports Locked channels and AD Sports channels but i couldn't find any provider for all those channels in Lebanon.
I noticed that you guys know a way, so please if you can explain to me what devices should i get to unlock those channels and where can i find those devices in Lebanon. Also if i can get those channels in HD or not.

Thank you very much :)

First your receiver 4622 is not an HD receiver, you should get a 49xx series for that reason, i got one 4930 for around 145 $
The only way i know to get unlocked hd and regular channels is by using the internet sharing subscription. all you need is
HD receiver
Internet connection using LAN cable and not wifi
Dishes for hotbird, nilesat or astra
and subscription which can find at any local satelitte installer

#21 February 6 2012

samer riachi

hey prince i just need to ask you some questions
how much does the subscription cost? does it unlock all channels? and is it reliable or it's stops working and you get the message scrambled channels?

#22 July 28 2012

Bazella

I started Reading this thread and i actually got exited about, strange i know. i did some research came over a receiver runing Linux called VU+ Duo. My Questions are
1-does any one know a Dealer i can get this receiver from or the Dm600Hd receiver as an alternative.

i searched for online servers for the respective card sharing services
1-Which ones are you guys using and on  which satelites are the bouquets.
2-Feedback on Sat-share.Tv, the price is attractive and the packages are quite versatile any one happen to have a subscription with them

Last edited by Bazella (July 28 2012)

#23 August 6 2012

stief96

concerning the linux based recievers,i searched 2 years in lebanon,but no one heard if it :).I bought dreambox 800hd from china with price of 290$(230 $+30$ cost of western union+ 30$ DHL( naseb wo ser2a).you can go to aliexpress.com and search a reliable dealer.
for the sharing server i have one since 5 months,and very good(cost a year 35$,99 % of hotbird channels are decrypted with this server).
you can do the same and enjoy the full hd channels(really and the crappy retransmitted channels of cable vision and so).

#24 August 7 2012

ballad

stief96 wrote:

you can do the same and enjoy the full hd channels(really and the crappy retransmitted channels of cable vision and so).

there's no full HD in satellites yet

Board footer