LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 2 2010

xterm

Development Companies in Lebanon

As you all know we're preparing the Lebgeeks wiki. I'm currently populating a list of development companies in lebanon in order to provide programmers with the ability to identify what company suites them best and more.

I do need some assistance concerning this matter, as such any information you can provide me would be great. Even you do not know all of the information, the Company Name by itself is enough.

Information required:

Company Name
Website
When was it created/founded
City and directions using google maps
Contact number
Platform
Languages & Technologies they use
If they're currently hiring
Positions they are filling if they are hiring

-------

Example:

Company X
http://www.companyx.com
Downtown Beirut - http://link/to/map
Windows
.NET (C#)
Yes
Analyst / Junior Developers / ...

Thank you.

#2 May 28 2014

m.sabra

Re: Development Companies in Lebanon

Wouldn't activating this thread and listing companies here be a good idea ? since the wiki is closed (i guess),this is just a suggestion.

#3 May 31 2014

Obviously

m.sabra wrote:

Wouldn't activating this thread and listing companies here be a good idea ? since the wiki is closed (i guess),this is just a suggestion.

I concur.

#4 May 31 2014

rolf

I can indicate a couple of companies where developers would NOT want to work - unless they enjoy being exploited or working in terrible conditions.
Incidentally, I could also compile a list of clients freelancers would want to stay away from!

#5 June 3 2014

Obviously

rolf wrote:

I can indicate a couple of companies where developers would NOT want to work - unless they enjoy being exploited or working in terrible conditions.
Incidentally, I could also compile a list of clients freelancers would want to stay away from!

That would be pretty helpful actually!

Last edited by Obviously (June 3 2014)

#6 June 4 2014

rolf

Obviously wrote:
rolf wrote:

That would be pretty helpful actually!

I tried working at a company called Eastline Marketing. We did not reach an agreement during the interview, but they told me to go there on some day, just for a test.
I went there. Then they asked me to come the next day. I asked when they will agree on whether to employ me or not, they said tomorrow we'll have a meeting. About two weeks went by like this, if my memory serves me well, me going there every day, and them telling me they'll have a meeting and decide because they couldn't do it today because *fill in some excuse*. They gave me real tasks during this time. When I did not show up at work, they actually called and asked why I wasn't coming. Anyway when they realized that I wans't going to go work for free anymore they made me a full time offer for $700 / month. Mind you I have years of experience and work as a freelancer, and was looking for something part time.

I also do not recommend a company called Limetag. I actually signed an NDA there (of which I did not receive a copy), although my employment was very short, I could not stand the work conditions there so I left. So anyway I don't feel comfortable with going into details because of the said NDA, and I'm not sure it's necessary - but if it is just PM me.

#7 June 4 2014

Dex

great thread
please share more of your job experiences its very helpful  (منكم نستفيد ) :)

#8 June 4 2014

rtp

I personally don't recommend a company called PinPay, management lacks the professionalism and respect.

#9 November 25 2014

Kassem

BSynchro
www.bsynchro.com
N/A
Zalka, Al Arz Street
01 883 243
Windows
.NET / ASP.NET MVC / ASP.NET Web API / JavaScript / AngularJS / SQL Server
Yes, they're hiring
Front-End Developer / Junior Software Engineer / Microsoft CRM Developer / Business Analyst

What are the biggest names of development companies in Lebanon?

Last edited by Kassem (November 26 2014)

#10 November 25 2014

rolf

Kassem wrote:

What are the biggest names of development companies in Lebanon?

I can give you some names.

http://www.cleartag.com/

Well one name actually. My memory lets me down sometimes :( I'll be back with other names when I remember them.

#11 December 25 2014

mmk92

Any of you guys know companies that work in the field of AI?

I am looking for an internship for a month.

Board footer