LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 June 10 2010

abctel2000

Re: VoIP in Lebanon

samer wrote:
abctel2000 wrote:
samer wrote:

Tunnel your traffic through SSH or VPN.
You will either need to pay for a commercial VPN service or install it yourself on a remote machine. Another way is to setup an SSH tunnel on your remote machine (or just a machine you have a shell account on) and have it transmit the traffic for you.

ssh -ND 5111 youraccount@remotebox.tld

This will create a tunnel between you and your remotebox. All the traffic you forward to port 5111 will be sent there. You will need to point your VoIP application to use localhost at port 5111 as a SOCKS proxy.

Samer,
I am using magicjack! How can I ?

Get a VPN account.

Magic jack support informed me that magicjack doesn't support VPN.

#27 June 15 2010

babum

does anyone know if skype is actually getting blocked or you can use without any problem?

#28 June 15 2010

amkahal

PC-to-PC not blocked yet,  not sure about PC-to-Phone

#29 June 15 2010

babum

that's good news.

#30 June 18 2010

jilos

<advertising>
<admin note: we're interested in how the thing you're selling works don't simply advertise it>

#31 June 21 2010

mikesterguy

samer wrote:

Any other solutions?

You will either need to pay for a commercial VPN service or install it yourself on a remote machine. Another way is to setup an SSH tunnel on your remote machine (or just a machine you have a shell account on) and have it transmit the traffic for you.

This will create a tunnel between you and your remotebox. All the traffic you forward to port 5111 will be sent there. You will need to point your VoIP application to use localhost at port 5111 as a SOCKS proxy.

Samer,

SSH is used for tcp traffic like http, ftp
Sip protocol is transported over udp usually so ssh cannot work here

#32 June 21 2010

mikesterguy

mikesterguy wrote:
samer wrote:

Any other solutions?

Samer,

SSH is used for tcp traffic like http, ftp
Sip protocol is transported over udp usually so ssh cannot work here

IP VPN is the only solution for magick jack, Outbound Proxy cannot be used because we don't have the SIP username and password , they are encrypted

#33 June 21 2010

mikesterguy

abctel2000 wrote:
samer wrote:
abctel2000 wrote:

Samer,
I am using magicjack! How can I ?

Get a VPN account.

Magic jack support informed me that magicjack doesn't support VPN.

sure it works, ip vpn is transparent to their sip server , it works on osi layer 3 and cannot affect the sip data on layer 7

#34 June 22 2010

jilos

Why do all of this, just get a voice gateway with tunneling capacity, it works fine for me

#35 June 22 2010

mikesterguy

jilos wrote:

Why do all of this, just get a voice gateway with tunneling capacity, it works fine for me

Who is your provider?
i think ogero is the only one that blocks voip traffic...

#36 June 22 2010

jilos

I asked around, Tunneling works even with Ogero's connection, the standard DHCP connections are the ones being blocked i guess

#37 June 22 2010

Aj_BlaZ
Banned

just tried using skype called my cellphone and its working without any problem im subscribed to sodetel :)

#38 June 22 2010

wiseman

Hi guys, new member, you don't have to worry about this issue anymore, just get your vpn account from https://rapidsales.optimum-lb.com , i have tested it it works great and even you can surf the internet by an american IP , isn't it greate !!

#39 June 22 2010

mikesterguy

jilos wrote:

I asked around, Tunneling works even with Ogero's connection, the standard DHCP connections are the ones being blocked i guess

what do you mean by tunneling ? that's mean using sip over tcp ?

#40 June 23 2010

jilos

Tunneling with PPTP configuration, i don't have much technical details but i know that some routers are PPTP enabled. As for me i use a PPTP enabled voice gateway, other cheap gateways like Linksys don't have that option, they have standard DHCP configuration which doesn't work anymore.

#41 July 8 2010

Linux_Tux

i think that they re only blockin outbound pc to phone  .. everything else is still working

#42 July 15 2010

abctel2000

Dear all,

Ultra VPN hasn't worked for me,

1- Does any one else have the same problem logging in to Ultra VPN.
2- Can any one help find another free VPN service, as I tried so many sites like: http://techpp.com/2009/07/09/top-5-free-vpn-clients/
and none worked!

Peace and 2crew OGEO

#43 July 15 2010

Samer99

abctel2000 wrote:

Dear all,

Ultra VPN hasn't worked for me,

1- Does any one else have the same problem logging in to Ultra VPN.
2- Can any one help find another free VPN service, as I tried so many sites like: http://techpp.com/2009/07/09/top-5-free-vpn-clients/
and none worked!

Peace and 2crew OGEO

I think that VOIP is not blocked anymore by OGERO.

What is the VOIP service that you are trying to use?

#44 July 16 2010

babum

why would they unblock voip? Its their way of increasing profits, what could be happening is that voip used through web and not by hardware is not getting blocked or not completely blocked.

#45 October 2 2010

chaosn

I  m unable to register to my voip sip accounts since Tuesday 28/09, it seems they have blocked voip for the 2nd time.
Block Tested for both ogero and terranet

Board footer