LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1676 February 2 2017

user

Re: What are you playing these days ?

xcom 2 with the long war 2 mod... Those mods are so awesome.

#1677 February 2 2017

ManOwaRR

Waiting for halo wars 2 and for honor
For honor would be game of the year what a great beta that was , wow just wow

#1678 February 5 2017

elchebib

Done with Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4). Impressions: Great game to say the least. Multiple parts in the game gave me the vibe of the old games (1, 2 and 3) which I was very fond of and was one of the very first survival horror games that I played in the PS1 era. Resident Evil 7 is a game that invokes tension to a great extent with jump scares that always catch you off guard. Ammo is a bit stingy sometimes but most of the time you are well equipped to handle a given situation. Graphics are awesome and approach photo-realism in certain situations although the human models could have been better (their facial animation is off at times). The story is interesting but nothing out of the ordinary although the link to the other games is handled well. The first person perspective is really handled in a great game and serves the game very well in that everything happens in your face. This is another pinnacle in the Resident Evil series that is a must have for all.

Moving to:

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard DLC (Banned Footage Volume 1)

Overwatch (all on PS4)

#1679 February 9 2017

elchebib

Done with Resident Evil 7 DLC Banned Footage Volume 1. Impressions: unexpectedly short. These are more of minigames than a full DLC. The Nightmare is a survival combat mode and the Bedroom is a puzzle mode. They are nice experiences but not something you should clamour for. There is also a mode called Ethan must die which is harder than Madhouse (the hardlest difficulty available in the base game). I did not bother trying that out since I already experienced and beat the game. Good experience overall but nothing to clamour for.

Moving to:

Nioh

Overwatch (all on PS4)

#1680 February 25 2017

jazzzar

Playing watch dogs 2, it's great, altough i'm really happy i got the pirated version because the game suffers from extreme stuttering while driving through the city, seems like a known problem even for people with gtx 1080, on the lowest settings too, hope they patch it soon, and still struggling to get Doom game files, I got the game on steam months ago and still cannot get the files :/

#1681 February 26 2017

infiniteloop

New here
I am playing BF1 on PC, I have found some scenes amazing graphically speaking and other very meh
Too bad there is no HDR for this game on PC

#1682 March 25 2017

elchebib

Done with NiOh (PS4). Impressions: great game. If you like the mechanic of Bloodborne aggressive in your face gameplay then you would like this one. Yes, there are more options to tackle enemy encounters since the game has a couple of differentiating factors from Bloodborne. Graphics are good and it does have options to either favor graphics or framerate which is welcomed. Gameplay depends a lot on avoiding enemy attacks and then countering. There are a good selection of arsenal that you can upgrade, disassemble or forge new ones. It has a loot system very similar to Diablo where you will find loot jumping out of slain enemies. The loot is randomly generated but I didn't find any problem finding loot that scaled with the enemies. Enemies are a good variety although the last stage sees you fighting bosses you already defeated. I enjoyed my time with the game for sure and would recommend it to any Bloodborne fan out there.

Moving to:

Final Fantasy XV (PS4) (finishing the optional post game dungeons and defeating the adamantoise)

Overwatch and probably Mass Effect Andromeda multiplayer on PS4

#1683 March 25 2017

MohZz

Currently playing The Witcher series.
Done with Witcher 2, and currently playing The Witcher 3.
Also, playing GWENT on the side as well which is the most fun/tactical CCG I've played so far.

Been thinking to get NieR-Automata after I'm done with The Witcher. Anyone tried the game yet?
Else, I'll just look around for another worth game. I'm open to suggestions if anyone'd like to share.

#1684 March 26 2017

sayedti

MohZz wrote:

Also, playing GWENT on the side as well which is the most fun/tactical CCG I've played so far.

Been thinking to get NieR-Automata after I'm done with The Witcher. Anyone tried the game yet?
Else, I'll just look around for another worth game. I'm open to suggestions if anyone'd like to share.

i decided to play withcer 1 , 2 then continue from where i left witcher 3 .
but i havent finished witcher 1 cause i cant stand the ugly old graphics so i stopped playing it , maybe i will retry it today , im about to finish chapter 1 .

#1685 March 26 2017

sayedti

im playing bf1 online and im looking for a squad , also playing cs go and lol from time to time and gta online and looking for someone to teach me dota 2 after i get the files .
also can you recommend a good singleplayer game with an addictive story and nice graphics .
i tried mafia 3 but now i hate it .

#1686 March 26 2017

Anthony2000

sayedti wrote:
MohZz wrote:

but i havent finished witcher 1 cause i cant stand the ugly old graphics so i stopped playing it , maybe i will retry it today , im about to finish chapter 1 .

i suggest you completely skip the witcher 1 (just look up the story online) and go directly to witcher 2, which is a much much much better game that im sure you will enjoy

#1687 March 26 2017

LifeEngineer

I bought the witcher 3 like 2 weeks ago! I'm really sad i was so late to the party! I skipped it because someone told me not to get it when i bought my ps4! Yet lately it was on sale and watched some reviews about it!
It's one of the best games i have ever played!

#1688 March 26 2017

mohammadk97

Anthony2000 wrote:
sayedti wrote:
MohZz wrote:

i suggest you completely skip the witcher 1 (just look up the story online) and go directly to witcher 2, which is a much much much better game that im sure you will enjoy

I disagree. I suggest you finish Witcher 1 before starting with 2, even if you use infinite health cheat mods to finish it quickly (which is what I did). Witcher 1 amazingly sets up the world and gives a lot of backstory to the characters, not to mention that you can transfer all your choices and items from it to Witcher 2. 

Also it has one of the best endings in a video game.

Last edited by mohammadk97 (March 26 2017)

#1689 March 29 2017

elchebib

Done with Final Fantasy XV (PS4) (optional dungeons and adamantoise battle). Impressions: nothing to add here. This is the first platinum trophy I have ever got on the PS3/4 and this says a lot about the game. The trophy list may seem easy but I did enjoy the game overall. They buffed the Ring of Lucii tremendously with the latest update and that helped a lot making the optional dungeons and defeating adamantoise much easier than before. All in all, an enjoyable game given the troubled development cycle that this game went through.

Moving to:

Resident 7: Biohazard DLC (Banned Footage volume 2) on PS4

Overwatch and eventually Mass Effect Andromeda online play (PS4)

elchebib.png

#1690 March 31 2017

elchebib

Done with Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Banned Footage Volume 2 DLC (PS4). Impressions: well, that was quick. For a DLC that costs $15 its too short. There are 3 games in there: A blackjack with deadly consequences, a feed Jack game and the story before Resident Evil 7 and what happened to the Baker family. These have a very short play time for the cost of the DLC unfortunately. I wouldn't recommend them unless you are really invested in the game.

Moving to:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4)

Overwatch; Mass Effect: Andromeda online

#1691 May 7 2017

elchebib

Done with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4). Impressions: Now that is a long game. But its very entertaining. Apart from the awesome graphics, main missions, story and characters, the side quests are one of a kind. The world is expansive and I really liked the story especially in the last part of the game. I was skeptical going into this game but it proved me wrong. One thing that was bothersome was the controls. They are not game breaking but are frustrating to some extent. They do not however affect your experience at all. Recommended definitely for all.

Overwatch (PS4): I just want to mention that this game is awesome and give it a shoutout. Its only online multiplayer but the matches are always intense and very fun. The characters are awesome and diverse and its a blast to clinch a match in the last second. When I started playing it, I gradually dropped all other online multiplayer games to focus on this one. And so far, it has not disappointed at all and will continue playing it as long as the servers are on.

Moving to:

Battlefield 1 (PS4) single player
Overwatch (PS4)

#1692 May 15 2017

elchebib

Done with Battlefield 1 (PS4). Impressions: interesting campaign. I liked the separate vignettes that the campaign split into. Graphics are amazing as expected. Gameplay is typical Battlefield although they did inject some new elements into the game (stealth and others). Nothing to add much though as this is your typical standard gritty military shooter.

Done with A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV (PS4). Impressions: nice side scrolling brawler ala Streets of Rage. Gameplay is great but tends to get repetitive towards the end. It does combine physical attacks and magical attacks along with ultimate attacks (ala limit breaks) which is a nice mix for sure. Its free to download though so the value is definitely outstanding.

Moving to:

Bloodborne The Old Hunters DLC (PS4)

And as always, Overwatch (PS4) for online play

#1693 May 15 2017

nuclearcat

Subnautica - it's really nice! Something for people who like survival stories(with gathering resources and etc), it has some refresh in ideas.

#1694 May 27 2017

OdeToDeath

Apart from the regular game of CS:GO , i've fired up a few oldies & new releases on PC :

Bayonetta
Alan Wake
Red Faction
Resident Evil 7 ( Madhouse mode )
Killing floor 2

#1695 May 27 2017

jibbo

Just finished Alan Wake.
Next up Wolfenstein: The new order

#1696 June 3 2017

Tech Guru

Playing:

Battle Field One on the PS4 Pro and PC / MultiPlayer Mode -  Very Nice Experience especially with people you know -Premium User waiting for more Maps (In the Name of Tsar Russian DLC will be available soon)

Prey (PC) , The Surge (PC) , Watch Dogs 2 (PC) , Hitman (The Complete 1st Season -PC , Resident Evil 7 -PC , Far Cry Primal -PC

On the Playstation 4 Pro

Injustice 2 -Ultimate Edition (With 9 New DLC Characters) Paid for it 100 usd lol but it worth it from the reviews and the pro handles it on 1440p native 60 frames/sec with HDR.

Final Fantasy 15

Note some PC Games iam playing them on my 55 inch 4k hdr tv with an MS Xbox One Controller to have a more immersive experience using HDR like Hitman / Resident Evil 7 which is truely a changing factor to me adding a totally new layer of depth with a wide color gamut , brigtness , blacks etc..

#1697 June 3 2017

ManOwaRR

you still need tekken 7

#1698 June 3 2017

Tech Guru

ManOwaRR wrote:

yo still need tekken 7

Not Fan of it , I tried yesterday matem To me Injustice 2 is much more fun and entertaining. Graphics are awesome. I might try on the PC since Tekken 7 is already cracked today , before making my final decision.

#1699 June 3 2017

ManOwaRR

Tekken 7 cracked ?  can you link where you saw that? Denuvo cracked in one day, that's fast if it happened

#1700 June 9 2017

quad

This War of Mine.

Yeah, it's an indie, and a sub-GB game, but it's quite... Intruiging...

Board footer