LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 7 2009

Lebscream

Htc

guys anyone know what is the price for HTC touch pro2 ? or anysite in lebanon can check price ? thanks

#2 April 7 2009

proners

Re: Htc

how the hell are you going to know the price if it is not released yet lol..  it is a really neat phone though  http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_touch_pro2-2690.php and by the way when it IS released you can check the price that they give, it's really close to the lebanese market prices.

#3 April 7 2009

Lebscream

it is release mate :S amhaz has one but didnt check the price you can check class :o

#4 April 8 2009

crazy

if I am not mistaken, the reseller of HTC is Multimedia Megastore on dawra. you can check their website if you want.

#5 April 8 2009

Lebscream

what is the site name crazy ? pls can you tell me ?

#6 April 8 2009

rolf

hey that thing looks good...
Is the interface as smooth as the iphone?

Last edited by rolf (April 8 2009)

#7 April 8 2009

mir

looks cool :)
any idea how much?

-- me is trying not to mention android in every single phone conversation.. but do u have an idea if u can install android on it ?

#8 April 8 2009

crazy

@lebscream: it's been pmed^^ I forgot if we can post weblinks here (maybe some rule for advertizing or so...), and I don't want to check the rules^^

#9 April 8 2009

Lebscream

guys check out htc touch it really better then i-phone with5.5mp amazing phone but i think price is 2k lol

#10 April 8 2009

battikh

@rolf, if you want to have an idea about the interface, search for "touchflo 3d" in youtube, that's the interface HTC uses on all it's new winmo mobiles.
i'm using it and find it quiet nice.

as for the touchscreen, winmo htc phones all have resistive touchscreens (probably to be bale to use stylus pens and because they are cheaper, which is not possible with capacitive touchscreens), so i guess the "touching" experience is not as sleek as  the iphone or the G1 phone.

@mir, theoretically you should be able to run android on any htc winmo phone, android is linux based and you can easily run a linux kernel with haret in winmo. the only problem would be the drivers. G1 being an htc phone, you probably have lots of common hardware between the 2, so less work on the drivers to port android on htc phones.

#11 April 13 2009

beezer

Why would you buy the Touch2 instead of the Diamond2?
I'm still waiting until the Diamond2 makes its debut. Should be sometime this week I believe. Already hit the Asian market last week. Been waiting for this damn phone forever. Haven't changed my phone in 3 years. :cool:

If I were in Lebanon, I'd be shunned.:o

#12 August 12 2009

paladin77

TP2 is good, but i got the HTC / sonyEricsson made xperia and i love it. higher resolution screen looks brilliant, although a tad smaller, which is better for my preference (fits nicer in my pocket).
Anw, you can't run android on TP2, it runs windows mobile... However the beauty of WinMo is the huge customization possibilities, and as OS it has the most abundant amount of software by far.
If you insist on Android, check out the new HTC Hero, or drop me a line... I work for T3 mag. so i can get info on new phones as they come.
BTW, any other xperia users on this forum ?

#13 August 13 2009

mir

I work for T3 mag. so i can get info on new phones as they come.

cool ! :cool:
keep us posted on the new and interesting stuff :)

and Welcome to the Forum :) - yay , i am the first one to welcome u ... * sticks tongue out at karim soubra  *

Maybe you should post a brief post in the forum members intro for a warm lebgeekish welcome :)

Last edited by mir (August 13 2009)

#14 August 13 2009

paladin77

Hehe thank Mir for the warm welcome...
Well, il try my best to post interesting new stuff as they come... But i'll be walking on thin ice, they make us sign a secrecy agreement at the Mag. Anw, one can always "bend" the rules, it is Lebanon after all.
After i fgure out how to ship my nVidia GTX 260 to Lebanon and be done with my thesis, i should post an intro. as u suggested. But for now... First things first.
Anw, as i said the HTC Hero seems promising as an android phone. And i would definitely go for TP2 and not for Diamond2 as someone suggested, mainly bcz of the hardware keyboard (can't live without one) and sundry other features.
If a hardware keyboard is not an issue, i think i wouldn't go for Diamond2, but rather the Toshiba TG01 with a 1ghz snapdragon processor and the huge screen. That thing is awesome, and if Tosh ever releases a similar device with a keyboard, HTC is going to get a run for it's moeny....
Just my two cents....

And i'm so glad i finally found this forum !! were have you guys been hiding !!

#15 August 13 2009

paladin77

Oh and before i forget...
If you can wait for a bit longer, forget about the TP2.
News on the block is that HTC has a lineup of new phones (e.g. Whitestone) that have the 1 GHz snapdragon processor, and capacitive screens (yes, capacitive, does iPhone rings a bell? can you say multitouch?), that probably hinting at a windows 7 device, as well as a gorgeous 4.3 inch screen.
Doesn't seem like its gonna dla from what i'm getting, so hold on to your phone in the meanwhile, or get an xperia as i did
Cheers

Last edited by paladin77 (August 13 2009)

#16 August 13 2009

beezer

Well, I picked up a Diamond 2 and I love the phone.
Two of my buddies have an Xperia phone. One with the normal Xperia themes and I don't like them at all. Looks just like the old WinMo. My other buddy installed the TouchFlo theme on it off the HTC phones and it's great.

Although I don't like the form factor, screen size, and I don't believe touch focus on the camera. I feel the screen and touch on the Diamond 2 is better, and I don't mind about the touch keyboard. I SMS at times, and it's just perfect for it, and when WinMo 6.5 is officially released it'll be full supported by Diamond 2 and will have more ease for the touch. I like the comfort of not having a bulging device in my pocket, and great battery time.

As for the Toshiba phone, sounds great and all, but how long have they been making phones in comparison to everyone else? I dunno, maybe the same amount of time as HTC. I just never seen one personally.

Last edited by beezer (August 13 2009)

#17 August 14 2009

xterm

Prices in lebanon are ridiculous.

Board footer