LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 4 2007

beezer

Where To Buy

I'd like to hear some suggestions on where you guys get your hardware from, and how good are the prices, and warranties?

I'm looking to assemble a brand new computer.
Even possibly a tower if I can find something good (not ugly lookin' and cheaply made)

So far I haven't found anything here so I'm about to give up and just get everything shipped to me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

ASUS Motherboard
BFG Graphics Cards
Corsair PSU (or equivalent)

And the rest is just normal HDD, RAM, Processor, blah blah blah that can be purchased from anyone.

Last edited by beezer (November 4 2007)

#2 November 4 2007

samer
Admin

Re: Where To Buy

I use Apple hardware, so my stuff comes from Apple Stores.
i recommend checking out PCandParts.com - they have good prices and seem serious.

#3 November 4 2007

battikh

www.microcityweb.com also have good prices

#4 November 4 2007

WizaRd

www.pcandparts.com as Samer said are worth checking out.

I have assembled 2 PCs and all the parts men 3andoun.. Great customer service, they usually reply to your inquiries by mail within 1 hour. No complaints whatsoever - and all for a good cheap price :)

#5 November 6 2007

beezer

I use Apple products as well, but never upgrade through them and buy my own RAM or HDD and install it myself. They all work together.

In anycase, that pcandparts site looks good. I think I'll buy a tower from there for my home built media center pc. If the quality turns out good I'll buy all my parts from there.

Also nice stuff on the microcity site as well.

Thanx for the help guys.
BTW, guys wouldn't happen to know where I can get cans of air from? For cleaning a PC from major dust.

Last edited by beezer (November 6 2007)

#6 February 14 2009

Rody
Banned

cans of air you should check Geant

#7 February 14 2009

Tigerheart.Hackers

Ninja: I have my own share of HORRIBLE experience with PCandParts and Geant. Those places get good prices every once in a while, but quality doesn't cut it. Now, we sell genuine merchandise, but we're not cheap, so I wouldn't recommend us for that matter. If anyone knows a good place where one could actually have multiple choices and good brand names, even for a bit more than the average price elsewhere, please let us know.

Last edited by Tigerheart.Hackers (February 14 2009)

#8 February 14 2009

nuclearcat

Sometimes in Geant you can get "returned" stuff. Like UPS returned with missing cable, or food processor with missing parts. CRAP. You have to check each thing you got. All boxes was opened, so you cannot find factory sealed box. In other countries i am able to ask, to buy only in factory sealed box. Here it seems impossible.
So always check if hardware was used. It is very important point... if it is used and returned - there is some defect.

Most reliable is Virgin, but expensive. But they are always seems geniune.

Last edited by nuclearcat (February 14 2009)

#9 February 15 2009

wollyka

pcandparts.com,microcity (sometimes) and Quantum (http://quantum-store.com/blog/)

#10 February 15 2009

rolf

compuworld, freeway center sin el fil. I have a good relationship with them.

#11 February 23 2009

Rody
Banned

Man i do like this guy Tigerheart.Hackers, hehe, well he is basically saying that everyone else has lots of trash but he is the only one who sells good and GENUINE stuff butttt .... you have to pay because his stuff are expensive.

Man i can see that you are the rippoff ooopppsssss sorry :)
who do you recommend ? Of course you wouldn't recommend yourself hehe
Try to live out of your bubble

Last edited by Rody (February 23 2009)

#12 February 23 2009

samer
Admin

Rody wrote:

Man i do like this guy Tigerheart.Hackers, hehe, well he is basically saying that everyone else has lots of trash but he is the only one who sells good and GENUINE stuff butttt .... you have to pay because his stuff are expensive.

Man i can see that you are the rippoff ooopppsssss sorry :)
who do you recommend ? Of course you wouldn't recommend yourself hehe
Try to live out of your bubble

This is not relevant anymore. The tigerhearts are out of the business. They're going retail sometime soon.

#13 April 22 2009

aboowissam

<ad removed>
<admin note: if you're advertising your own store, at least do it with a bit of discretion :)>

Board footer