LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 30 2007

Locha

HP Pavillion dv6561 - Opinions About It

Salemete,

i would like to ask you about this laptop preferences. It's an HP dv6561 but what i don't understand is that this series is not found on the HP Official Website. Anyway,

Preferences:

- Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 2.0GHz ( 800 MHz )
- Integrated Webcam & Microphone
- HP Mobile Remote Control
- 160GB SATA Hard Disk
- 1024 RAM DDR2
- DVD+/-RW ( Double Layer Support ) Lightscribe
- NVIDIA Geforce 8400 up to 319 MB Graphic Memory
- 15.4" WXGA-brightview
- Bluetooth 802.11b/g & WLan Integrated
- 5 in 1 Media Card Reader
- S-Video TV Out

What is your clear opinion about it ? What about the VGA Card? Is it considered good and how to know about them considering laptops?

Thank you.

#2 October 1 2007

WizaRd

Re: HP Pavillion dv6561 - Opinions About It

I think most of the DV6xxx series (correct me if im wrong) are special middle-east/south africa products and you probably wont be finding them on the official HP site.. at least not every single number of them.

The laptop itself is good. CPU is fine (anything above T7200 is), memory is not bad either (you could spend an extra $100 and have it upgraded to 2GB but it will be fine as it is)... tarari tarara

I dont see any reason not to buy this, unless it is well overpriced. How much is it for ?

#3 October 1 2007

Locha

It's like 1200 - 1300 $. What about the Graphic Card ? Is it considered good ?

#4 October 2 2007

WizaRd

yes the VGA is fine

Last edited by Flyingwizard (October 2 2007)

#5 October 3 2007

7aRami

I have a similar one except that my processor is  AMD Turion64 X2 and the hard disk is 100GB.
I guess you will get it with Vista pre-installed on it, so I recommend that you upgrade your memory to 2GB, cuz im suffering now since Vista consumes a lot of memory!! (the laptop is for the company, so I don't really care to upgrade it), another option could be to burn your recovery DVDs and then install XP on it.

What I hate about it is that it gets hot fast, and I mean really hot that I cannot stand putting it on my lap!

btw, where's karim soubra to help!!

Last edited by 7aRami (October 3 2007)

#6 October 3 2007

mir

hhehehe yeah ditto what said 7arami on karim soubra

for the laptop getting really hot , i asked in the forum a time ago about this issue
the guys recomended u buy some hardware ...
oh.. here is the link : http://www.lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4630

#7 October 3 2007

karim soubra

karim is so busy right now he comes back from work at 2:30 in the evening after a 2 shift job he just needs to jump into bed and sleep his 5 hours a day

it is a good laptop but i probably recommend a macbook pro 17"

#8 October 3 2007

7aRami

lol ya3tik il 3afyeh! :)
as for the notebook cooler, I already got a cheap one (for 20,000 L.L I guess) and it works great at the office, however it isn't practical while working in bed 
my personal laptop DV5191 is 2.0 core duo 1gb RAM with nvidia VGA but never gets hot! lucky me!

#9 October 4 2007

mir

karim is so busy right now he comes back from work at 2:30 in the evening after a 2 shift job he just needs to jump into bed and sleep his 5 hours a day

yii.. is it also like this on the Hardware Side
I thought those things only happy to the poor software ppl living on the buggy side of the software world

yi3tik l 3afyeh and hope it is some nice overtime money

#10 October 4 2007

karim soubra

thanks guys
but no no over time over times begins after 2:30

Board footer