LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 23 2007

Tigerheart.Hackers

Toshiba Laptops Issue

This is just a word of advice for temporary measures. For a couple of months from now, stay away from Toshiba Laptops if you're planning to buy a notebook, especially the Satellite and Satellite Pro series. They're all buggy, and the wise crackheads at the company are all scoundrels. They take the laptop, keep it a week at the workshop, and then give it back claiming they fixed it, but they don't really do anything. Recently, I got the words:"We don't know what's wrong with them". Very professional you guys, very professional. They cannot fix their own PCs. The bugs are still there. ONLY ONE satellite laptop I sold from the recent shipment passed. I replaced the rest, and the replacements were all buggy as well. I don't mean to post bad publicity for Toshiba, and I'm sure too many people  will get defensive over this, but they will not give you your cash back, and will not find you a solution. Just be careful you guys. Funniest thing is, Toshiba is the #1 selling and the most expensive here in Lebanon, and yet they have the crappiest services. The laptop with the worst reputation around which is Fujitsu Siemens, has the friendliest services. I'm still selling all brands, just be careful though, for the time being, because there is only one dealer for Toshiba laptops ditributing them in Lebanon, so chances are, any laptop you will buy from Lebanon came from the buggy shipment.

Last edited by Tigerheart.Hackers (September 23 2007)

#2 September 23 2007

samer
Admin

Re: Toshiba Laptops Issue

Thanks for the warning. Personally i have never bought Toshiba, i've always had a thing for Sony VAIO (when it comes to buying a laptop for using Windows or GNU/Linux on it) - My brother recently got a Mac Book Pro, personally i think it's the best laptop i have ever experienced working with.

#3 September 23 2007

karim soubra

Re: Toshiba Laptops Issue

i second samer's  opinion
the the mac book pro is it a 17 or a 15 incher

Board footer