LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 2 2007

rolf

ASIO4ALL control panel screenshot

Hello
I just installed this driver called ASIO4ALL. What it does is provide ASIO for your soundcard or onboard soundchip. Dont ask me what the hell that means, all I know is that it dramatically reduces the latency of your soundcard in audio production software (I was able to bring the latency down from 25ms to 1ms using this!).
Anyway I had a good laugh looking at the control panel of this driver, so I googled for a screenshot to show you how it looks like. Here it is:

http://tippach.business.t-online.de/asi … hot_27.gif

enjoy! I think it's pretty funny (look carefully at the legend and the buttons on the bottom)
BTW the "simple" button toggle between the simple and advanced modes.

Last edited by rolf (June 2 2007)

#2 June 3 2007

karim

Re: ASIO4ALL control panel screenshot

George bush's face next to "simple" is just priceless!!! lol!

#3 June 3 2007

Chris

Re: ASIO4ALL control panel screenshot

Hahaha... anyway for those whore are too lazy to search:

"ASIO provides an interface between an application and the sound card. Whereas Microsoft’s DirectSound is typically for stereo input and output for consumers, ASIO provides for the needs of musicians and sound engineers. ASIO offers a relatively simple way of accessing multiple audio inputs and outputs independently. It also provides for the synchronization of input with output in a way that is not possible with DirectSound, allowing recording studios to process their audio via software on the computer instead of using thousands of dollars worth of separate equipment. Its main strength lies in its method of bypassing the inherently high latency of operating system audio mixing kernels (KMixer), allowing direct, high speed communication with audio hardware."

The 'Advanced' button has good ol' Alberto's face on it, there you have it folks, the decadence of the US of A, from Einstein to Bush:

aisoyp5.jpg

Last edited by Chris (June 3 2007)

Board footer