LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 May 14 2007

Tigerheart.Hackers

Re: bad computer business in leb !!

Well guys, I'm afraid we have something missing around here in Lebanon. It's consulting. You see, in Euopean countries for example, you can just go to any computer store and get ripped off just as here. However, you could ask for the service of a computer consultant, who would get paid to help you make the right decision. He or she would explain to you what companies won't tell you, and save you a bundle on things you might buy because they tell you you'd need them but never actually use them. Now, as to genuine parts, there are genuine parts in Lebanon, but it's dirty out there. You have the really good stuff which cost a fortune. They make you pay a lot for it though it's not supposed to cost that much. The excuse is: You could always buy non-genuine. Then you have what you call BEB-TENEH here in Lebanon, which are original merchandise manufactured with lower cost materials in the same countries of manufacturing. Those are ORIGINALS, but not as good. And then you have the dominant merchandise, the stuff that cost a nickle and knock offs, but merchants price them the way they want, and because practically all stores have this understanding between them: NEVER GO BELOW THE LIMIT, the consumer keeps getting ripped off. I could tell you how cheap parts cost because I work with them every day, but it wouldn't be ethical. It's extremely dirty out there, and we need to get some serious clean competition, starting with parts and ending with good internet.

Last edited by Tigerheart.Hackers (May 14 2007)

#27 May 14 2007

Padre

about good parts, i got a good supplier for myself, prices are pretty good compared to the market and good quality. at least that was up until now.
but what ur saying is absolutely true. we could start by opening our own store, called Electronics for the Masses

#28 June 11 2007

toxic

man i agree with u really if you nothing about the parts ur getting u get ripped off like me when i got my first ram parts i thought i was getting them cheap later found out they were old type very sloww speed and knew it wasn't a bargain and i was ripped off
imean in states and europe so much competition and you can easily get prices its hard to get ripped  offf

Board footer