LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 3 2006

mahdoum

Loading XP on the new macs

I'm not sure if you've been following the news, but there is a big commotion on the net right now on trying to boot xp on the new intel based macs. At first people thought it would be easy, but apple had something up their sleeve and did not include the BIOS infrastructre but something they created. The result, it's very hard to have dual OS's on the mac (ie os x and xp) with a bootable screen.

People are soo eager to get this done that a mac user has created a compitetion where the first person to install win xp on a mac, and you're able to choose between the two os's will win a prize of $6000 and over.

Pretty interesting, I really want this to be done, then maybe I'll buy a mac and install both os's. Cool!

#2 February 3 2006

karim soubra

Re: Loading XP on the new macs

i think apple is going to implemant some hardware ristrection in order to prevent this which means special parts that the manufucturer has to produce (mainly on hard disks)

Last edited by karim soubra (February 3 2006)

#3 February 3 2006

mahdoum

it has already implemented as I said a new infrastructure that replaces the BIOS system that is currently used with windows.

#4 February 4 2006

rolf

It's weird. Why do you always have people dying to run OSX on intel, then Windows on Mac Hardware... then Linux on Microsoft Hardware

Board footer