LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 17 2006

mir

Plz Help for a Dear Dear Dear Friend

HI Guys!
A Dear Dear , really dear friend of mine, wants to open a net cafe in his home village in the Summer, for a duration of 4 month, and i am trying to help as much as i can = a lot

In that hometown village,lot of ppl go there in the summer.
so there is the necessary amount of ppl and right quality of customers.
He also has the place (they own it at a top spot in the village= bil seha)

So what remains is the computer Hardware.
the place fits for almost 20 computers (bi ryeha)
but ther is not enough cash money to buy computers, Plus this cost won't make him make a net profit, and as u know today's computer won't be good platforms for tomorrows games

- so guys, do u know any person that would rent net cafe computers at reasonable price ?[pm me if u want to share phone numbers or personal data or offer]

- do u think buy + resell is a good idea?

- does it happen that u know a net cafe that wants to close and wants to sell decent hardware for reasonable price ?

- do u know any network that will not work in summer [near uni or something] and that would rent his machines ?

- What games do u think are the MUST HAVE Games?
- What do u think in general are the minimum system requirements?

any advice,hint or help of any kind in that area is greatly appreciated!
thank you guys for ur help

#2 January 17 2006

mahdoum

Re: Plz Help for a Dear Dear Dear Friend

mir wrote:

- do u think buy + resell is a good idea?

I really don't think so, cause you'll probably make a loss on all the items, and not sure if you'll find someone to buy them all.

mir wrote:

- do u know any network that will not work in summer [near uni or something] and that would rent his machines ?

I know Agora Cafre right next to Sheikh Suites (near marrouche on bliss) closes down for the summer, but I think they take their computers somewhere already.

Again you really should think out the costs first, I mean your a business student and I'm sure you'd do that.

#3 January 18 2006

rolf

well he'll need an investment of about 600$ per machine for an acceptable modern gaming machine, which is not very much considering that if the machine is used 5 hours a day that'll give him a revenue of 5$/day or 150$/month, at this rate he'll cover the PC investment in 1/2 a year.

minimum req IMHO:
-gforce 6600
-hd 80gb
-17' CRT (low-latency LCD preferred but more expensive)
-2x256 ram (or 1gb? I dont know)
-P 3.0 or + (with DDR2) or AMD equivalent if possible

BTW I have heard that the new P4 CPUs with 2mb L2 are highly overclockable, but you'll have to buy a 915 or 945 board which are expensive.

I usually check my prices from pcandparts.com also call compuword 01-484847 .
Any place will make you a price for a big purchase.

Just ask computer shops how much they'll be willing to give you for say an old conputer to get an idea how much you could expect to resell your stuff.

#4 January 18 2006

rolf

And yeah why not add some billiard :)

Last edited by rolf (January 18 2006)

#5 January 20 2006

antokh

a net cafe umm hey mir check your pm!

Board footer