LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 6 2005

mir

program ur cell phone

anyone is experienced or has any idea how to program a cell phone

well i just got a cell phone a nokia 8910 (kewl features, check their website)
and i am looking around for applications and i think i will learn cell programing
anything from the open source community loool
any articles or intresting stuff u think i should read

of course learning lot of tricks and phone *hacks!*

and hey! will post my first cell program here....

#2 September 6 2005

mahdoum

Re: program ur cell phone

nice phone, not sure how easy it is to program such a phone cause I'm not sure what os it runs. anyway for most mobile phones symbian is the main os, and this page my be of use to you. http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/develop/

#3 March 5 2006

battikh

all nokia phones are java enabled.
for developping for ur phone, you need to download 3 things:
1-the java development kit
2-netbeans 4.0(might come with the jdk download, but it's version 5.0)
3-netbeans's mobility pack

for a tutorial on programing for java phones: http://www.nec-mfriend.com/my/lecture/lecture_c1_1.php
1st 6 chapters are about java programming, starting at chapter 7, it's bout java for mobile phones.

enjoy...

#4 March 15 2009

battikh

what did you end up doing at that time? other than your newly mobile-phone-vibrator that you hope to make a fortune with on the apple/windows/android stores...

#5 March 15 2009

mir

hssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
bala jirsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

at least it is really useful application ... tell me about a more seriously useful cell application ? can you ?
most stuff u can do on ur laptop in few secs and with a better and more comfy user interface (games, excel stuff or administration tools....)

#6 March 15 2009

BashLogic

oh that phone, i wouldnt bother programing for it, its an old model hence the OS is an old version and no longer further developed, so whatever you hack for it would be legacy at birth unless.. you fiddle with python..
you can install python and write python scripts.

about 2 years ago i got an e61i to try programing for, never got the time to do much. now after my e90 broke as it fell the the ground like the hundredth time, i had to use the e61i in daily use. initially i was going to go the python way since programing with symbian is a real hastle and its easier to get the job done with symbian unless you are doing something low level...

if you want to learn on developing, well first identify what you want to achieve and choose between the following:

java, python, flash lite and ofcourse symbian.

java is most portable but on phones with less memory, its going to be a hog. you can learn a lot from gmail clients for symbian and other stuff that google develops

#7 March 16 2009

xterm

Java ME is your safest bet. Portability is a plus, the annoying part is that the jvm will load slow (which is true to any OS cellphone or otherwise if not deployed within an application server), however once it has loaded, you're back to normal speed.

#8 March 16 2009

rolf

If u want, look up Rani Ayrouth on Facebook, he's a Java Mobile developer based in Lebanon.

#9 May 9 2009

longbit

mmm i think to program a cellphone u must learn J2me
and abt the cell phone hack it can be done viz bluetooth search for bluesnarfing, bluejacking and bluebug....

#10 May 9 2009

BashLogic

j2me, good today, gone tomorrow ...

Board footer