LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 4 2005

mahdoum

Photography Software

Guys what software do you use to fix the images that didn't come out like you wanted? I mean so far I use photoshop to fix colours contrast etc. Then I also got a program for those images with a tad too much noise.

I'm currently looking for a free program that resizes images with minimum quality loss  :rolleyes: .

Post what other sofware you use cause I'm tryin to get them all :twisted: so that I can use all of them for my images  ;)

#2 September 4 2005

samer
Admin

Re: Photography Software

I use photoshop CS.

#3 September 4 2005

rolf

I never bothered working with anything else than photoshop. In the "save for web" feature, you have a wide choice of options, try them.
If you're not saving the image for web publishing, then save it in PSD format so that there is no quality loss.

#4 September 4 2005

mahdoum

yeah, but quality loss occurs when i increase the size of the image, there are programs that are specifically made to create the least quality loss. and about noise reduction does anyone know how  you can do that in photoshop? (again program offers many options). There are things best left to the professionals

#5 September 4 2005

rolf

You want to increase the size of the image?
Yeah I guess there are some programs who do it smarter than photoshop. But if you want to stick with photoshop, you can increase the image then do some sharpening (unsharp mask or sharpen edge or plain old sharpen)

For noise, in photoshop, try Filter->noise->despeckle. There is also filter->noise->median it may also help.

here check this:
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/increaseresolution/

and for noise reduction:
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/noisegrainreducers/
(try the photoshop thing first!)

#6 September 4 2005

mahdoum

for noise reduction I have something called Neat Image, great little program

#7 September 23 2005

vegeta

Paint shop pro 9 has it all,very usefull for digital photos like the integrated noise removal tool,also very user friendly

Board footer