LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 3 2005

jayinferno

Help !!! Phone Dilemma !!!

Hey all. Well here's the full story

Been waiting to find a good P900, found one 2 days ago @ 340 $ (Used, but Very Good condition)

Now the problem is that i used it and started comparing with the new Nokia symbian (Nokia 3230). I found out that Both have the same functionalities, and the Nokia interface is sleeker and "faster" to use (Am smooth on the keypad - SMS maniac heheh). Well, i found a new in the box Nokia 3230 at 340$. Now am totally lost, and found out that the 3230 outperforms the P900 in many areas, the only difference is that the P900 has a more "Professional Look" regarding the fact that am an "IT Consultant" heheh. (With the stylus, size,  and overall looks, altho its faster sometimes to use the keypad for calendar entry for example). PLEASE HELP I dunno which one to get now !! HELP !!!

(Yeah i know, gadget geeks need shrinks lots of times)

#2 July 3 2005

rolf

Re: Help !!! Phone Dilemma !!!

I cant help you dude. I am not a cell geek. I am happy when I have a cell that does not break when falling from the 2nd floor. I have failed to find one yet.

#3 July 3 2005

mezin

if you want looks .. go for the sony

#4 July 3 2005

mahdoum

The best thing you can do jay is to check out some reviews on both phones, and see which one turns out best, I've always liked nokia, never really liked or got used to how other phones function. The main difference is whether you need the touch screen or not, and i'm guessing the nokia will last longer.

Rolf, I know for a fact that the 5100 survived a 9 floor fall, only thing damager was a bit on the outside, but the actual "phone" was fine. Why on earth would you want to throw your phone off the 2nd floor :S

#5 July 19 2005

ike

el nokia 3amaliye aktar, and u can buy a bluetooth nokia keyboard, hek you can use a full key-board with ur phone

#6 July 20 2005

rolf

Rolf, I know for a fact that the 5100 survived a 9 floor fall, only thing damager was a bit on the outside, but the actual "phone" was fine. Why on earth would you want to throw your phone off the 2nd floor :S

You never know, things like this happen! But seriously my last 2 phones started having problems after heavy usage. My nokia 5210 (spash proof) would not start anymore. I got it fixed, but then people would not hear me well. Something wrong with the mike. Maybe that's because I dipped it in the swimming pool to check if it was actually water proof or splash proof (turned out to be splash proof only).
So I got my bro's nokia 3650. I really dont like it, it looks kinda gay, the round typepad is a nightmare and it take ages to start. I sometimes wonder if windows xp starts faster. Anyway I used it a couple of month, then it fell just once and the microphone wouldn't work anymore at all.
So I'm back to my good ol' 3650, and well people will have to make an effort to understand what i'm saying because I still havent' fixed the mike since it's underwater trip in the swimming pool.
Another thing I like about the 3650 is that you can quickly remove the cover and it becomes a powerful flashlight (relatvely to other cells). But you have to try not to drop it without the cover.

My 2 cellphones before that got stolen.
Anyway, I dont like to invest too much in cells because:
1- I aing gonna use the extra features (camera, etc...)
2- I'll have to always pay attention not to drop it, etc... if it's expensive
3- I'll drop it anyways and break it or loose it
4- Is it's for show off I'd rather invest in clother

But you dont care, huh?

Happy cell shopping

#7 July 20 2005

wollyka

I still have a P800, and had a P900 for a month(it wasn't mine), and now waiting for a P910i.. The Pxxx in my opinion are better than any nokia S60 and even the nokia 9300 (which i used 1 for a couple of weeks and didn't like it much).
My old trusty P800 still outperforms a nokia 6600 except the screen colours(which a P900 have the same 65k colours as the 6600), camera quality are the same for both, but p800 has stereo sound which nokia S60 series don't have for all models..)
Most important is that The pxxx series have a stylus so in theory they compete with Windows smartphones but they have a better stable system IMO..
Anyway, i am a little bias to SE, in the end buy the one that u like the most 

#8 March 15 2009

battikh

so, which one did you get?

Board footer