LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 13 2005

abougrej

Hotmail Inbox

Few days ago, my NAV2005 was updated and since that time i'm not able to access my Hotmail Inbox unless on Firefox and Opera but iExplorer no hope...
I tried to disable it, the firewall and performed a system restore....
Nothing!!!

#2 May 13 2005

rolf

Re: Hotmail Inbox

-Download microsoft antispyware and lavasoft ad-aware and do a spyware scan
-Check your IE version (help->about internet explorer). If you have less than 6.0, update (start->run, type wupdmgr and enter)

I fixed a similar problem 2 days ago by updating IE 5.0 to 6.0.

#3 May 16 2005

abougrej

OKkkkkkkkkkk here's the deal:

I tried all methods...It's not a firewall, worm protection thing.
When i logged in through an old hotmail account (without the 250 MB increase trick[USA]) it opened on iExplorer
I tried to change the other account and put the location back to Lebanon, but i still couldn't log into it  unless on Firefox or Opera...

Is that some kind of trick from MSN, to disable some accounts that have modified their location to get their 250 MB storage????

#4 May 16 2005

rolf

Try to disable NAV2005, it may be blocking some stuff from the hotmail site in an attempt to "protect" you from virus. See in the options if you find stuff like "web protection" and if you can disable it or if you can add the page you're trying to access to the list of trusted sites, if there is any such thing (I never used nav2005)

I hate it when programs become overzealous like that.

BTW have you update the spyware software before doing a scan? And have you updated internet explorer?

#5 May 16 2005

samer
Admin

when you do the 250mb trick, you can't re-change your location to lebanon, because it'll ask you to re-activate your account each X amount of time, which is really annoying.

#6 May 17 2005

abougrej

@Rolf i have done dude all the procedures :? I updated Microsoft antispiware, Ad Aware Lavasoft, Internet Explorer is Already 6.0... (Maybe it's time to upgrade my fuckin PC To SP2 but the thing is it's a business computer  and i can't take risks, so what's the safest way you think, if i'm updating it)

@Samer Yeah dude it's so fuckin annoying, i tried it on other PCs it worked, except on mine and bunch of friends' Computers... This is really getting weird.

IF Mozilla or Opera have the Active X plug in i would definitely get rid of iExplorer

#7 May 17 2005

rolf

Dude!
I havent' heard any stories of problems with the SP2 update, exept for my uncle who had a software that boots before windows and that can do recovery to your PC ("goback" style), that messed up his system pretty bad, thanks god kan fi sa7bak rolf (me) zabbat el ossa kella.
But with regular software, it shouldn't do any trouble (although you never know), and you also have an "uninstall" option.
But I do understand your fear.
Safest way to upgrade: 2oul allah and nazzel el Service pack.

BTW SP2 fiya tfinge (trick) if you're using a copied version of XP. If you get SP2 from a software pirate, he'll provide you with the program to unlock the installation and explain the procedure to you.

One last thing: maybe mozilla and opera are configured to use a proxy, while IE is not.

#8 May 21 2005

abougrej

Aywa Rolf rabba ;) hehe
Thanks for you help dude ;)

#9 May 22 2005

rolf

Did it work? What was the solution?

#10 May 23 2005

abougrej

SP2 Still i didn't install (Ma ileh jledeh :lol: )
Halla2 i installed Microsoft Antispyware wou Updated Adaware (Lavasoft) and i used also Spybot...
They found few stuff, and got rid of them

Sometimes Explorer is opening the inbox normally sometimes not.... It's so fuckin weird.
But if i clicked on back (page expired) then forward again i'll find out that it's opened...

#11 May 23 2005

rolf

But if i clicked on back (page expired) then forward again i'll find out that it's opened...

My father had the same problem  :?

Board footer