LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 13 2005

TSOG

TSOG

Hey everyone. New member here. I tripped over this site. I'm not sure what I should be expecting. The title says you're the best. Hey, if you really know your stuff, I am NEVER EVER sharing data in foreign forums agian. Peace out!

#2 April 13 2005

karim soubra

Re: TSOG

welcome and enjoy

#3 April 13 2005

Charly

welcome TSOG, enjoy ur time at lebgeeks

#4 April 13 2005

samer
Admin

welcome :) and enjoy your stay!
btw, how did you find out about us?

#5 April 13 2005

TSOG

Actually, I searched in google for it. I wanted to see if there were any helpful forums at all for the Lebanese IT fanatics. I guess this is good enough. Not too many members though. Not too many posts either.Why is that?

#6 April 13 2005

mahdoum

Well it's a fairly new website, anyway welcome here =). If you like the site maybe you'll contribute hehe.

Anyway what kind of stuff are you into?

#7 April 14 2005

TSOG

I'm into everything cyber. I like to mess up with emulators and encryptions mostly. I love hardware, mod chips especially. I'm a real IT fanatic. Never get bored of it. Peace out!

#8 April 14 2005

rolf

Dude you're like some character from the movie hackers.
What's TSOG for by the way?
If you know some fanatics, bring them over. Maybe the moderator can provide you with your own forum category.

#9 April 14 2005

TSOG

Well, I could get dozens of IT freaks just like that. One problem though, I'm afraid these forums are not cool enough for them. Don't get me wrong or anything, but I wouldn't want to get kicked out of THE CIRCLE, eh? Peace out!

#10 April 14 2005

rolf

Yeah, precisely, that's what I meant when I talked about having your own forum category. You dont want your freaks to mingle with newbies.

#11 April 14 2005

rolf

By the way, do you have any tips to give about finding an interesting job in Networking and telecommunications in Lebanon? I really like this stuff.

#12 April 14 2005

TSOG

Well, I'm no expert, but here's how I'd do things. Just go somewhere related to networking and communications, and ask for a trainee job. That would be unpaid of course. The next thing you need to do is get the clients to like you. I'm talking really REALLY like you. Make them feel that you're their friend. Be honest. When they ask questions, simply answer. Don't try to be a smart-ass dude. In a couple of months, after heavy duty work (the old technicians will make you do all the work while they watch), just quit. Now comes the fun part. On your resume, you can now claim that you have experience, which you do. Connections, which you do. And a reference, which you also do. A job is guaranteed that way. Not only that, you can hand out your number to all the clients you met in the line of the job. Trust me, the phone will never stop ringing. There was this family once, I kept providing them with technical support for 3 months, every single day. I have clients by the dozens now. Remember, if anyone asks anything, explain, and make it look good. Don't imply to them that it's complicated and that they wouldn't understand it. You'd be throwing away the entire client-technician relationship down the crapway. Peace out!

#13 April 14 2005

rolf

Thanks!
That's good, because I've been told that I'm good at explaining things, and I actually enjoy it and take pride in it.
I can understand that trust and respect are crucial, having been myself too many times on the bad end of the phone support of various ISPs.
The bad end being the client who is expected to be nice, to pay, and not to ask too many questions or complain about the crappy service.
Peace y'all and thanks again :)

#14 May 1 2005

cyber_lady

welcome can't wait to smell what you got coocking

#15 May 1 2005

samer
Admin

the Rock: "who in the blue hell are you ? "
BookerT:  "my name is ..."
the Rock: "it doesn't matter what your name is!"