LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 22 2005

samer
Admin

Forget IE

Internet Explorer is continuing to lose share to the open-source Firefox Web browser. In the past month, use of Microsoft Corp.'s dominant browser fell another 1.5 percentage points to 90.3 percent. Meanwhile, the Mozilla Foundation's Firefox browser rose 0.9 percentage points to reach 5 percent, Web analytics provider WebSideStory Inc. confirmed Thursday. The numbers reflect shifts that occurred between Dec. 3 and Jan. 14. WebSideStory samples more than 30 million daily Internet users from more than 200 countries to determine the browser-usage shares.

More and more users are using firefox, simply because it is more secure, open-source, and faster (it gives the effect of being faster, since it loads text before images), also, see the trick posted here: http://www.lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1298
to make your firefox even faster !

I Highly recommend everyone to start using Firefox, and tell your friends, family, co-workers, school, teachers, etc.

Long live FF !

#2 January 27 2005

mezin

Re: Forget IE

hey , well believe it or not i started using firefox yesterday .. and now i see your post  well being a pro-microsoft person i think it's better than IE since IE gained so muhc popularity that all the sapmmers are designing applets for it .. so for now firefox sounds like the best deal

and gmail won't open on Ie but it will on FF can't explain why :S

#3 January 28 2005

Charly

everyone is advising me to use firefox....
*inserts the firefox cd to start the installation

#4 January 28 2005

samer
Admin

and gmail won't open on Ie but it will on FF can't explain why :S

I don't want to start one of those rumors, but Google and Mozilla have been pretty close these days (if you've seen the news, a few days ago a second key mozilla developer joined Google Inc.)

#5 January 29 2005

godfather

yih... It surprises me that you thought of it this way.
The first thing that would come to MY mind is that Microsoft is the conspirer. It could be preventing IE users from entering their Gmail accounts in order to make them shift interest away from Gmail and back to Hotmail...
but well, you're the Geek here ...

#6 January 29 2005

Charly

godfather, u might be right... coz microsoft is doing whatever it can so that consumers will only choose their products... same logic as the linux-windows conflict when installing it on the same hdd

#7 February 6 2005

ike

but FF still lacks of few add-ons, or maybe they are available but I didn't find, like Java and some others that u may see the yellow bar indicating their absence.

Board footer