LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 11 2023

sero

Laptop not charging

Hello

I have an HP laptop that is not charging anymore.
The battery sign says its charging but it keeps at 0%.

I tried changing the battery with a new one, it still did not work.
I replaced the charging cable, and also did not work.

I took it to a PC maintenance store, he had a look and said the problem is with the battery.
And that the new battery could also be damaged, as most batteries are comming from china and are damaged?!

Anyway i really appreciate if anyone can recommend a good maintenace store/guy to check the issue around sin el fil / beirut areas.

#2 April 12 2023

VipModz

Re: Laptop not charging

It could be a software issue, did you try to uninstall the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" device and then cleared the CMOS battery?

#3 April 12 2023

tricky

weird enough i had the exact same issue... changed battery like 3 times and all of them were faulty and he said the same thing that most battery are faulty in lebanon, so apparently he ordered one from dubai for me... how much truthful that is, i dont know but its working now.

my repair guy is not in beirut tho and it took him like 3 weeks or something to replace it.

Last edited by tricky (April 12 2023)

#4 April 13 2023

mikasa

check this guy on tiktok tiktok.com/@nehmejnehme , i had a problem with my lap and bought a battery from him and based on the videos he shares he is a good troubleshooter

#5 April 13 2023

sero

mikasa wrote:

check this guy on tiktok tiktok.com/@nehmejnehme , i had a problem with my lap and bought a battery from him and based on the videos he shares he is a good troubleshooter

Thanks a lot for referring him
I went to the guy, he replaced the battery with an original one and its working now!

Board footer