LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 10 2023

zizo99

Amazon Tax Refund

I wondered if anyone has experience getting a tax refund from Amazon when purchasing items and having them delivered to Lebanon through Shop & Ship.

Amazon is requesting a copy of the Bill of Lading or Air Waybill which can be related to the order through Amazon tracking, or order number and also evidence of the delivery destination.

I have submitted the invoice for the shipping fees, along with the corresponding order number, to Amazon.
However, Amazon rejected the request and stated that the documentation did not indicate a matching order.

did someone manage to get a tax refund from Amazon using shop&Ship as a shipping courier?

#2 January 12 2023

AVOlio

Re: Amazon Tax Refund

I have.

I purchased a gaming monitor from Amazon through shopandship, I remember them asking me the same info they requested of you, got them from Aramex, reported back to Amazon and I got the refund as Amazon balance.

I don't remember the details to be specific, but to answer your question yes I definitely got the tax refund.

#3 January 12 2023

zizo99

Could you kindly share the document you submitted to Amazon? Feel free to obscure any sensitive information you do not wish to share.

I have already provided Amazon with all of the documents I received from Aramex, but my request was rejected twice.

I have like 36 orders from 2020 till the end of 2022 and more than 300 USD as tax I can refund.

Last edited by zizo99 (January 12 2023)

#4 January 12 2023

AVOlio

You took me to a trip down to memory lane, within all the emails back and forth to Amazon customer service.

It can be a pain since each and every time a new operator will communicate with you and things can get messed up.

Managed to go through Old emails and get the files that I sent to Amazon at the time after which the tax refund was accepted then processed to my payment method, an internet card and not to my Amazon Balance.

Since my monitor came in with physical damage, they refunded me the courrier international shipping charges back as Amazon Balance, I just recalled this after reading the emails. (But note that they might not be refunding international shipping charges anymore even in case of item defects).

You have 36 orders, that's going to take a lot of time and patience, speaking both with amazon and S&S team.

Here is all that I submitted, all of the below can be requested by Aramex S&S for each order.

Airway Bill

Air-way-bill-Redacted.jpg

Aramex Customs Invoice

ARAMEX-ACCOUNT-NO-5058-LBP-E-INV-NO-1240470308-Redacted.jpg

Customs Clearance

Customs-Clearance-Redacted.jpg

Customs Fees 1

Customs-Fees-1.jpg

Customs Fees 2

Customs-Fees-2.jpg

Shipment Information

Shipment-information-Redacted.jpg

Shipment Tracking

Shipment-Tracking-Redacted.jpg

#5 January 12 2023

zizo99

Thank you very much for your assistance and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by having to search through old emails.

But, it's so frustrating having to provide so many documents for each and every order

Shop&Ship should offer us a US address that is taxes free. Instead of going through the hassle of applying for tax refunds every time we make a purchase, especially for regular shoppers.

Last edited by zizo99 (January 12 2023)

Board footer