LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 10 2022

xerxes

Getting paid from freelance online jobs in Lebanon

Hi everyone,

I have been checking online freelance websites and their payment methods do not support Lebanon.

Is there any websites that transfers money to bank accounts in Lebanon or provide any other valid payment method?

#2 August 10 2022

yasamoka

Re: Getting paid from freelance online jobs in Lebanon

Try Wise: https://wise.com/

#3 August 13 2022

Guitaret

yasamoka wrote:

Wise is a legit online bank but does not provide a card for Lebanese citizens.

Either find a way to create the account with a non-Lebanese address to get the card, or you will need to accept that withdrawing from your Wise account will be indirect: selling wise credits in BM or wire-transfer to your Lebanese account.

#4 August 13 2022

nuclearcat

Either western union, or open in Lebanese bank "external" or "fresh" account.
It is easier if you have SARL company and it is paying all taxes and etc.
Third way to travel to Georgia or Armenia and open bank account and company there, but also get ready to pay taxes there.

#5 August 13 2022

xerxes

I already have a fresh account, the problem is most sites that i am interested in request paypal account

#6 August 15 2022

nuclearcat

The only option then is asking some relative or close friend in UAE or similar countries where paypal is legal and fully functional. But this might complicate for him tax questions a lot, and it is not legal according paypal ToS.
Keep in mind paypal, when they see access from another country, might ask questions, like proof of residence and etc, so you need to have person on other side always ready.

Last edited by nuclearcat (August 15 2022)

#7 August 18 2022

xerxes

nuclearcat wrote:

The only option then is asking some relative or close friend in UAE or similar countries where paypal is legal and fully functional. But this might complicate for him tax questions a lot, and it is not legal according paypal ToS.
Keep in mind paypal, when they see access from another country, might ask questions, like proof of residence and etc, so you need to have person on other side always ready.

Thank you

#8 August 18 2022

xerxes

this means I will be working under their name?

#9 August 19 2022

nuclearcat

If you want to work totally officially - yes. But paypal accounts usually tied to email address, so name is not very visible, if i am not wrong.

Board footer