LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 27 2022

Ayman

High speed internet for 2 weeks visit

Hello everyone, been a while!

I'm visiting Lebanon for 2 weeks soon and I will need to stay connected for work purposes and will need high speed internet, mainly for video chat over zoom/meet/teams. I was wondering, what is the best current go to choice for this short term subscription that would be fast enough (look for at least 8mbs to 10mbs, unlimited if possible. Price would be manageable, just curious first to see what's the best I can possible get and evaluate pricing accordingly.

I'm considering a 4G based solution as it could probably be the fastest to subscribe to, in terms of reception, ideally it needs to work well around the area of Mansourieh / Beit-meri as I won't be staying in Beirut.

Thanks in advance!

#2 February 27 2022

Johnaudi

Re: High speed internet for 2 weeks visit

4g was the best option in my case (which was similar to yours). And the cheapest actually.

#3 February 27 2022

new_user

Re: High speed internet for 2 weeks visit

If you decide to get a touch data sim for 4g keep in mind that it uses "dollars" only for sim validity and not "days" so you can charge the prepaid card for a friend's or relative's prepaid phone and transfer the dollars to your sim (this way they benefit from the days for extended line validity) or you can buy dollars only from a phone shop for a cheaper price

Board footer