LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 31 2021

hadim

Internet DC while on ishtirak issue

Hey guys, I've been facing this issue for the last 3 months, basically, when I'm on ishtirak (which is 80% of the day now), my internet would dc randomly, and frequently for like 1-2 minutes.

I've never had or noticed this issue before, I'll try to provide as much info as possible

ISP: Terranet, open speed, 120 GB
I have my phone cable connected through the window from the outside, rather than inside the building with electrical wires.
Terranet has the router locked so i can't take a look at anything
I have another phone line with internet from ogero, connected through the building, don't face the issue with that connection.

I have the router on the mini UPS things? the router stays on, i just lose the internet, i tried connecting by ethernet/wifi .. same issue

Any ideas? i tried telling terranet but all they did was tell my they have to lower my internet speed to fix it.. they lowered it down to half and i still had the same issue.... i used my internet  fine for 3 years before that so i don't know why the speed would be an issue now.

#2 October 31 2021

hadim

Re: Internet DC while on ishtirak issue

Actually, correction, this happens  even when i don't have electricity at all

#3 November 1 2021

Beej

Hello,

My friend has the same exact issue, also from terranet.
For some reason on "ishtirak"/ or mini ups ( cannot remember) the signal noise decreases sharply. That is why they slow your connection to keep the SNR within range.
It could be that your phone lines degraded a little bit causing this issue, or the router is kind of sensitive to electricity. Try removing the mini ups and only use it when you do not have power at all.

#4 November 1 2021

new_user

This could be an issue from Terranet and your local Ogero central. So it also depends on where you are living. They might not be able to satisfy the demand well due to electricity outage and generators cutting off for part of the day.

#5 November 9 2021

hadim

Nevermind, switched to Ogero and haven't faced a single issue since. Internet working smoothly, 100% stable,it was just terranet being really horrible, even though I called them about it 3 times.

Board footer