LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 14 2021

mahdi89

Shipping solar panel from Alibaba to Lebanon

A 31 solar panel 450w (jinko best chinese brand) will cost me 3700$ FOB, that means 120 usd per panel. They are getting sold here at 200 USD.

May i know how much it will cost me to import here? taxes and clearance and other stuff? is it worth it?

#2 August 14 2021

Metalloy

Re: Shipping solar panel from Alibaba to Lebanon

I don't know but I am interested in installing solar system aswell.
Maybe others here want to get some and we can all buy and ship together increasing both our bargaining power and decreasing shipping costs?

#3 August 15 2021

beezer

http://pos.smartbusinesslb.com/smartpos … index.html

This website used to sell at good prices. Not sure about it still being active or not. Idea is group of people split cost on container.

#4 August 15 2021

hanycodes

Hey, I'm down to do so. Do you guys want to form a group on discord and talk about it details?

#5 August 16 2021

Guitaret

Customs are still on 1500, (we shouldn't worry about those) but if you are shipping by air, MEA has invented a new tax on the black market rate, and you cannot get your items to customs unless you pay those fees.
I am just concerned about how can we get them delivered home?

What about batteries? Those are not available in Lebanon as well. Inverters?

Last edited by Guitaret (August 16 2021)

#6 August 16 2021

Metalloy

Yea I'm talking about the whole system not just panels, each of us can specify their output need and therefore their required components and organise all our orders in one PO (purchase order) and inquire about the shipping rate accordingly

#7 August 16 2021

tricky

i might be interested too

#8 August 16 2021

NuclearVision

Guitaret wrote:

Customs are still on 1500, (we shouldn't worry about those) but if you are shipping by air, MEA has invented a new tax on the black market rate, and you cannot get your items to customs unless you pay those fees.

Could anyone elaborate?

#9 August 17 2021

HzSamer

Guitaret wrote:

I am just concerned about how can we get them delivered home?

What about batteries? Those are not available in Lebanon as well. Inverters?

It is easier for you to get batteries and Inverters from Syria instead of buying them from China.

The battery usually got imported from India especially the tubular ones. The battery weighs around 68kg after adding the water to it.

#10 August 17 2021

MAS

Metalloy wrote:

I don't know but I am interested in installing solar system aswell.
Maybe others here want to get some and we can all buy and ship together increasing both our bargaining power and decreasing shipping costs?

check SmartPowerLB on twitter, they started with similar approach, their prices are competitive, and they have experience in this. they have a form that you can fill to get more details about the cost

#11 August 17 2021

Guitaret

NuclearVision wrote:
Guitaret wrote:

Could anyone elaborate?

It is called "اذن تسليم" and when you get late in getting the items, they charge overnight delay as well.
After paying that, the round trips through customs there are very annoying if you want to make the clearance yourself. There are plenty of brokers there who offer their services, but most of them don't save you much of the trouble.

This is the number that contact me from MEA cargo center in case you are shipping by air: 01/622 758.
Please call them to get all info, and know if there are customs fees for solar panels. Make sure to know if this can be done in one day, hence you have a truck ready outside to transport the panels.

#12 August 17 2021

Guitaret

HzSamer wrote:

It is easier for you to get batteries and Inverters from Syria instead of buying them from China.

The battery usually got imported from India especially the tubular ones. The battery weighs around 68kg after adding the water to it.

Are you sure it is not best to get inverters as well from China, I mean they are priced 1000$ a piece here and they are not that heavy to deliver.

Regarding batteries I am not sure it is wise to get them from Syria, AFAIK, Syrian batteries are very crappy and they are currently available in Lebanon to fill the market outage. Are you sure good quality Tubular ones are available there?

#13 August 17 2021

NuclearVision

Guitaret wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:
Guitaret wrote:

Could anyone elaborate?

It is called "اذن تسليم" and when you get late in getting the items, they charge overnight delay as well.
After paying that, the round trips through customs there are very annoying if you want to make the clearance yourself. There are plenty of brokers there who offer their services, but most of them don't save you much of the trouble.

This is the number that contact me from MEA cargo center in case you are shipping by air: 01/622 758.
Please call them to get all info, and know if there are customs fees for solar panels. Make sure to know if this can be done in one day, hence you have a truck ready outside to transport the panels.

is this just for large items? I mean are aliexpress items affected?

#14 August 17 2021

Guitaret

NuclearVision wrote:

is this just for large items? I mean are aliexpress items affected?

The last item I got was 27Kilos, but tbh, I don't know the answer to your questions.
I do know that Alibaba mastered altering the description to skip this crap (hiding information) and have them delivered by Liban Post.

Last edited by Guitaret (August 17 2021)

Board footer