LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 18 2021

ironman

EU Blue Card

Hello Guys,

Anyone has an idea about the EU Blue card? Who requests it (Us? or the employer?)
From where should we request it?

Note: I received a job offer from a European country and it seems that they are requesting a Work Permit for me. I tried asking them about the Blue Card and they said they have no idea about it.

It seems that the Blue card gives the employee more privileges since after 2 years, we can change employers and work anywhere within the EU.

Recommendations would be appreciated

Thanks

#2 June 18 2021

Johnaudi

Re: EU Blue Card

After 1 year* you can work anywhere.

You need to apply for the blue card personally, it can be used as a work and residence permit.
Make sure you're getting paid above the threshold (if you're a skilled worker, the threshold is even lower), and have a university degree!

Also: congratulations on your offer :)

Last edited by Johnaudi (June 18 2021)

#3 June 18 2021

samer
Admin

Congrats on the offer!
Note that the implementation of the Blue Card scheme varies from one EU member to another. So make sure to read about it on your chosen country's official immigration website (and not some random website, as some of them are scams).

From what I've read, the biggest issuer by far is Germany, followed by France. Source: https://ec.europa.eu/immigration/blue-c … comparison

#4 June 18 2021

arached

Johnaudi wrote:

You need to apply for the blue card personally, it can be used as a work and residence permit.
Make sure you're getting paid above the threshold (if you're a skilled worker, the threshold is even lower), and have a university degree!

how do you know the threshold?

#5 June 19 2021

ironman

arached wrote:
Johnaudi wrote:

how do you know the threshold?

If you go to this link

https://apply.eu/BlueCard/EUcountries.php

Choose the country you are interested in and you will be able to see the minimum salary.

#6 June 19 2021

Adnan

For Germany, you should check if your degree is in the Anabin database. If you find it, it's a good sign. If not, it's not necessarily bad as the database is incomplete. You need a masters degree minimum.

I'm currently going through the process. According to my employer, whether we go for a blue card or a regular permit depends on some factors specific to my case. I'll be learning more about it in the coming week.

Last edited by Adnan (June 19 2021)

#7 June 24 2021

rolf

Mabrouk

Board footer