LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 4 2021

DNA

Lebanese Social Security question

Hello, so i have a simple question, let's say my salary was 2M for 5 years and the 6th year my salary became 4M, do i get my end of service compensation as if am paid 4M for all years or what?

#2 March 5 2021

Hybrid

Re: Lebanese Social Security question

Yes, that's how it is as far as I remember. They take the last years salary into consideration

#3 March 5 2021

AvoK95

No, I think it's 2M up to the first 5 years then 4M after the 6th and they add it up.

If you're thinking about withdrawing it, you'll be deducted panelties unless you have been working for more than 20 years.

#4 March 5 2021

DNA

Hybrid wrote:

Yes, that's how it is as far as I remember. They take the last years salary into consideration

that is what i read too

AvoK95 wrote:

No, I think it's 2M up to the first 5 years then 4M after the 6th and they add it up.

Yea i know that am not willing to withdraw right now, i wanna work out the math with my employer

Last edited by DNA (March 5 2021)

#5 March 5 2021

beezer

Yes, you are paid the amount that is shown in the last 2 months filed in social security system for all the previous years.

#6 March 5 2021

DNA

beezer wrote:

Yes, you are paid the amount that is shown in the last 2 months filed in social security system for all the previous years.

I see, thank you

#7 March 6 2021

xerxes

Keep in mind that if you requested to withdraw your eos indemnity and you have less than 20 years of duty you won’t get the full amount

Percentage paid depends on your years of duty

#8 March 6 2021

Tech Guru

xerxes wrote:

Keep in mind that if you requested to withdraw your eos indemnity and you have less than 20 years of duty you won’t get the full amount

Percentage paid depends on your years of duty

Indeed.

× 50 % up to five years
× 65% between 5 & 10 years
× 75 % between 10 & 15 years
× 85 % between 50 & 20 years
Full from 20 years

End of service
= (Last Basic + last year related bonus + last year related overtime - last year transportation) × number of years in the service × % (above)

If salary is paid on 15 months bases for example
Basic = ((Salary - Transportation))×15 /12

Last edited by Tech Guru (March 6 2021)

#9 March 6 2021

DNA

and if someone withdraws before 20years the rest of the money is gone?

#10 March 6 2021

beezer

No, you just get it at a percentage as stated above. To get the entire one month salary you need to have worked there for 20 years.
The only benefit of SS in Lebanon is the medical care for your and your family. Also if you're married with kids you get that as upfront cash from your employer instead of from the SS office.

#11 March 6 2021

DNA

that cleared things up thanks everone

Board footer