LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 26 2021

NuclearVision

Solution for large downloads

Hello everyone!
As you may already know, we are way behind in technology here in our country, I am referring to internet speed.
There has been an increase in size of games, video content, software, etc, even consoles aren't shipping with with a disc drive anymore...
All of these have doubled to 10x in size whole our internet speeds have pretty much stayed the same.
I don't live in the city, so no fiber for me. ( even 'citizens' don't have fiber access yet).
LTE is out of question.
My dsl speed reaches 4 mbits at best, some times its 20KB/s, this is what my phone line can handle and there's nothing I can do. The cable guy has pretty stable.connection, with same 'real speeds' with advantage of some cached downloads, not torrents.

So the question is, is there any high speed internet Hub / solution to download my files? I don't mind if its paid.
I was looking maybe at the wireless internet providers such as mobi and connect, but i've been reading that these have drastically decreased in quality and have coverage problems, although it may be a good solution if good speed +unlimited night.
I know some universities have high speed internet, but I am no longer a university student.

Lets hear your suggestions.
thank you!

#2 February 26 2021

RandomMemory

Re: Solution for large downloads

Alfa's 2 hour unlimited, 5$ at 1.5K LBP for 50 gigs

#3 February 26 2021

NuclearVision

I thought of it but alfa covergae sucks where i Am, at least it was last time i checked,my family and I all touch users, i will have to recheck.

#4 February 26 2021

RandomMemory

NuclearVision wrote:

I thought of it but alfa covergae sucks where i Am, at least it was last time i checked,my family and I all touch users, i will have to recheck.

if you have the buying power, you can look into terranet WDSL

Board footer