LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 5 2021

beezer

Scammed by 460estore

So I bought some power strips from 460estore. They were priced for $12ea. I bought 3.

Unfortunately the delivery guy came after like a month and during a busy time and gave me the bill $75. I was literally in the middle of talking to two people when he came, so I paid him and he left.

Later I realized that the items and the online invoice was for $36. I called them the next day and said either I return them or they give me the money back. And ever since then no one answers me anymore and they say I need to wait and wait...it has been 3 weeks and still nothing.

Suggestions on a solution to this? I thought about commenting on their posts on Facebook but they'll just delete them and that won't get my money back.

#2 January 5 2021

LifeEngineer

Re: Scammed by 460estore

Tough situation man. Not to look like an a$$ but you really shouldn't have paid that much in the first place. Getting scammed is paying and not receiving or receiving a different item. I mean being in the middle of talking to two people shouldn't be a valid excuse.
I wish you all the luck man, but I don't expect it in this case :(

#3 January 5 2021

beezer

I ordered it a month ago, by the time it came I had forgotten all about it and the price unfortunately.

#4 January 5 2021

Guitaret

I have bought from many online stores and online businesses (IG pages) and even sold bank transfers on the black market and I was never scammed. The reason for that is the online media presence of those "businesses" in which reputation is very important, and on the other side, defamation can burn a business to the ground.

I am willing to bet that this is not a scam (not that I have dealt with them before).
Questions:
Is the driver a third party or work for the store?
Is the physical invoice 36$ or 75$?

#5 January 5 2021

beezer

It's not really a scam but some kind of invoicing error. The online price and invoice is $36.

The third party that gave me the invoice gave it to me and it listed it as $75 and he gave me a receipt for it. I scanned and sent it to them and they said they'll "credit me the money" and when I said no, I want my money or I want to return the items they said okay and just keep telling me to wait.

I think I'm gonna order stuff from the store and when the delivery guy comes I'm gonna say I'm not paying and then ask for my money. If they don't pay I'll just take the item and say I'll give you credit.

#6 January 5 2021

VincentKeyboard

Did they give you a receipt that mentions an invoice reference number?
How much money does the receipt mention? 36 or 75?
If you have a receipt, show it to an accountant. This can be fixed.

Basically, if the receipt mentions the correct invoice (the one where you were billed $36), you have a legal claim.
If the receipt mentions a different invoice (a fiction, you can request that invoice and show it to the Ministry of finance.

If they did not give you a receipt but charged a VAT, ask for a receipt. If they refuse, consult the ministry of finance.

#7 January 6 2021

Salloum

Just keep calling. Twice, three times a day. They'll get sick of you and pay you.

#8 January 7 2021

rolf

Did he give you a bill? Do you still have it? What does it say?

#9 January 8 2021

beezer

I have two bills.
One says $36 (online PDF version)
The other says $75 (one the delivery guy gave me)

My receipt says I paid $75.

#10 January 8 2021

beezer

So I made an order two days ago for a pointless item that is worth $5 more than the money they owe me.

Yesterday someone keeps miss calling me so I call back and it's a lady from the company asking why I ordered this item and is it to cover the difference that they owe me?  So I said we'll this is the first time someone acknowledges me and it has been 3 weeks. She apologizes and says they were doing inventory and that it is a big company and these things take time. Hmmmm.... So she says she will cancel the order and will send me the money in 3 days...

This all sounds suspicious but will keep you updated...

#11 January 8 2021

duke-of-bytes

the 460 estore are part of ITG , they are one of the biggest (if not the biggest ) IT holding in Lebanon - i seriously dont think there was bad intentions , most probably a mix-up combined with covid19 and the festive season

#12 January 9 2021

nuclearcat

beezer wrote:

I have two bills.
One says $36 (online PDF version)
The other says $75 (one the delivery guy gave me)

My receipt says I paid $75.

Last time relatively large supermarket nearby me pulled such stunt - they was closed by govt for several weeks.

#13 January 9 2021

xerxes

duke-of-bytes wrote:

the 460 estore are part of ITG , they are one of the biggest (if not the biggest ) IT holding in Lebanon - i seriously dont think there was bad intentions , most probably a mix-up combined with covid19 and the festive season

So the argument is that because they are big they don't scam people?

as far as i can see, big companies and institutions are the real scammers. (banks )

#14 January 9 2021

duke-of-bytes

xerxes wrote:
duke-of-bytes wrote:

So the argument is that because they are big they don't scam people?

as far as i can see, big companies and institutions are the real scammers. (banks )

if you say so

#15 January 9 2021

Beta0

Getting scammed is only my second guess with that level of incompetence in our culture.

#16 January 9 2021

beezer

I'll keep you updated what happens next week (if anything).

As for them being a big company, an error like this close to closing the year financially should be treated immediately or their books are gonna be wrong for 2020. I'm still skeptical they'll give me the money back. If they don't I'll have someone else order something and when it comes I'll hold is as ransom for my money.

#17 March 22 2021

beezer

Well after non stop hounding, they finally gave me the money back. Overall, never ordering from there because their after sales and customer support is shit.

Board footer