LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 29 2020

infiniteloop

Xigmatek Whiz cpu cooler?

Hello
I am gonna get a Ryzen 5600x, it said that the stock cooler will throttle the cpu because not cooling enough.
One of the few apparently goodcpu cooler I have found is the Xigmatek Whiz and Msi Frozr Large.
The Xigmatek is 38$ vs 60$ for the Msi
Should I get the Whiz or it's not a good stock cooler replacement?

#2 December 29 2020

Beta0

Re: Xigmatek Whiz cpu cooler?

If only a store sells Noctua fans then any heatsink works well, I would go with the MSI just for the possibly better quiet fan. I haven't seen anyone review the Whiz yet.

#3 December 29 2020

infiniteloop

Beta0 wrote:

If only a store sells Noctua fans then any heatsink works well, I would go with the MSI just for the possibly better quiet fan. I haven't seen anyone review the Whiz yet.

Just saw a video of the MSI vs some Noctua and other brands, well it was the worst of all in terms of noise and by far
I found a Turkish website with some customers reviews , applied Google translate and at last I got an idea about the Xigmatek, it's apparently very efficient for lowering temperatures VS stock coolers, silent too, the installation is not easy though but this is the same problem with MSI and TT Riing
I think I will pick the Xigmatek, more silent and better performance
I wanted the Cooler Master MA410P but it's out of stock in this country where everything is disappearing

#4 December 29 2020

Beta0

infiniteloop wrote:
Beta0 wrote:

Just saw a video of the MSI vs some Noctua and other brands, well it was the worst of all in terms of noise and by far
I found a Turkish website with some customers reviews , applied Google translate and at last I got an idea about the Xigmatek, it's apparently very efficient for lowering temperatures VS stock coolers, silent too, the installation is not easy though but this is the same problem with MSI and TT Riing
I think I will pick the Xigmatek, more silent and better performance
I wanted the Cooler Master MA410P but it's out of stock in this country where everything is disappearing

If you're getting it a feedback is appreciated.
Noctua is very high in standards, I hope the Xigmatek isn't below the lowest in this list as dbA isn't linear:
fan_noise_50.png

Last edited by Beta0 (December 29 2020)

#5 December 30 2020

AvoK95

infiniteloop wrote:

Hello
I am gonna get a Ryzen 5600x, it said that the stock cooler will throttle the cpu because not cooling enough.

Can you link me to a source that claims this and has proof, please?

Coming back to your question,

Check the TT Riing Silent 12 and Silent Pro series, they cool up to 150 and 175W.

You might as well go liquid cooling if you're gonna spend more than $100 on a CPU cooler.

Board footer