LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 9 2020

infiniteloop

Any place that clean camera sensors?

Hello
I am gonna buy a new Fuji camera but I understood from official dealer that they won't clean the sensor in case of dust because... they don't have the swabs and liquid for that!!
So now I wonder if I will find any place that will accept to take out dust. I think Nikon Lebanon doesn't accept  non-nikon models.
I have a strong Giotto blower that can take out normal dust but not the greasy ones

#2 December 9 2020

rolf

Re: Any place that clean camera sensors?

Just don't clean your sensor. Don't tilt it upwards, protect it, etc. 

I have swabs and liquid that I used on my old camera. I put my finger on the sensor (long story). For some reasons I could never get it totally clean, there was a smudge.

With my new camera I'm not touching the sensor, just blowing air on it if anything. It has an ultrasonic self-clean function as well.
Keep your camera stashed in a clean place (closed cabinet, wardrobe, etc.). Don't let it lying around on your table, etc. when you are not using it. 

Oh yeah I can indicate the place where I got the swabs. They weren't cheap either.

PS: Like I said I didn't manage to clean the sensor well on my old camera, so I ended up using "cotton tige" instead and it worked much better.

Last edited by rolf (December 9 2020)

#3 December 9 2020

infiniteloop

rolf wrote:

Just don't clean your sensor. Don't tilt it upwards, protect it, etc. 
I have swabs and liquid that I used on my old camera. I put my finger on the sensor (long story). For some reasons I could never get it totally clean, there was a smudge, I think the liquid is not very good. 
With my new camera I'm not touching the sensor, just blowing air on it if anything. It has an ultrasonic self-clean function as well.
Keep your camera stashed in a clean place (closed cabinet, wardrobe, etc.). Don't let it lying around on your table, etc. when you are not using it. 
Oh yeah I can indicate the place where I got the swabs. They weren't cheap either.

I can get swabs from aliexpress but I never tried them, I am too afraid to put too much liquid

#4 December 9 2020

rolf

The ones I have are thin, if you can get some thick or foamy ones that can absorb more liquid. This is in case your sensor is really messy. I guess for a few grains of persistent dirt the thin ones will work.

Also if the liquid is not good it will leave a residue.

Last edited by rolf (December 9 2020)

Board footer