LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 3 2020

VipModz

Switching from beIN to Cablevision

Hey guys, my beIN subscription is set to expire at the end of the year and unfortunately due to the current circumstances I can't afford to renew it. (payment in US dollars)

I saw the Cablevision yearly package and it's quite affordable (250,000 L.L.), I am pretty sure I can't use the beIN receiver and I have to buy a Cablevision receiver but what about the antenna, is buying a new one required or can I use the one installed outdoor ?!

#2 December 3 2020

RandomMemory

Re: Switching from beIN to Cablevision

if you talk to a local reseller he will agree to use the sat that's outside, but you have to buy their receiver.

#3 December 4 2020

xazbrat

Re: Switching from beIN to Cablevision

I have the new CV service--3 receivers, 1 year Bein, OSN and basically everything but the French package---about 580000LL.  The picture is not as good as Bein's, but still works fine.  You will unfortunately have to get the CV receiver which is clunky, but not nearly as bad as the generation before it.  I think I paid around 300000LL for the receivers too, but they may have gotten more expensive in the meantime.

As for the antennae (I think you mean dish), you can have it pointed at Arabsat and get another one pointed at cablevision, and get a diseqc .  Usually the one pointed at CV is a lot smaller, so it would be a waste to use it there.  I saw that a few local installers will put up a dish with everything in this area for 120000LL, but ymmv.

Board footer