LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 20 2020

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

Jamerek (Lebanese Customs)

Hello everyone,
I would like everyone's opinion on this matter, as I see it the "jamerek" are under a close eye from everyone for theft of public funds and corruption. Now I am shipping my house's furniture from Saudi Arabia as I am leaving for good and its being transported by land through several countries the last which is Syria. I get a phone call yesterday from the shipping company saying the container arrived to the Masna3 area (lebanese-Syrian border) and the Lebanese customs are demanding I pay $2.5/kg and the furniture is around 600kg and they want them in dollars cash and not in 1515 LBP rate. After a few phone calls and fighting with the shipping company we reached a deal to pay $400 for them to release my stuff from the Masna3 border. Since when does the Jamerek only accept USD instead of LBP and since when did they add a law that I have to pay to bring in my own used furniture. No wonder this country is "jhanam".

#2 October 20 2020

Idler

Re: Jamerek (Lebanese Customs)

i was watching the news same in the port with the brokers its happening between them and the shipping companies they have a kind of workaround for it legally.

#3 October 20 2020

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

Idler wrote:

i was watching the news same in the port with the brokers its happening between them and the shipping companies they have a kind of workaround for it legally.

you mean the jamerek and shipping companies have a workaround to make me pay in dollars or that there is a legal workaround for me to not have to pay in dollars?

#4 October 21 2020

nosense

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge wrote:

Hello everyone,
I would like everyone's opinion on this matter, as I see it the "jamerek" are under a close eye from everyone for theft of public funds and corruption. Now I am shipping my house's furniture from Saudi Arabia as I am leaving for good and its being transported by land through several countries the last which is Syria. I get a phone call yesterday from the shipping company saying the container arrived to the Masna3 area (lebanese-Syrian border) and the Lebanese customs are demanding I pay $2.5/kg and the furniture is around 600kg and they want them in dollars cash and not in 1515 LBP rate. After a few phone calls and fighting with the shipping company we reached a deal to pay $400 for them to release my stuff from the Masna3 border. Since when does the Jamerek only accept USD instead of LBP and since when did they add a law that I have to pay to bring in my own used furniture. No wonder this country is "jhanam".

This is 100% not legal from their side

#5 October 21 2020

Guitaret

Is the shipping company the evil guy or this country's customs?
Unrelated question - not meaning to get into your private matter - Any country is better than Lebanon at the moment, are you sure leaving Saudi Arabia is best for you?

#6 November 1 2020

beezer

Get another person to clear your goods. I get shipments frequently and we pay customs and port fees in LBP. And the value of the goods are priced at 1500.

Now is a wonderful time to ship stuff.

#7 November 2 2020

DNA

beezer wrote:

Get another person to clear your goods. I get shipments frequently and we pay customs and port fees in LBP. And the value of the goods are priced at 1500.

Now is a wonderful time to ship stuff.

Yes amazing especially for Dealers who ship stuff and pay vat and customs at 1500 yet they charge full dollar price, in such situation electronics and all shipped stuff should actually cost less in dollars, but what do u expect when there is no government, poor people are paying the price of their increased wealth.

Board footer