LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 26 2020

beezer

Wind Turbines in Lebanon

So has anyone here gotten a wind turbine installed for their home or anything in general?

Looking to get a reliable one installed with some kind of guarantee on its lifetime. Most of the ones I've seen are cheap 3rd class Chinese versions which seem like they won't last a year.

The ones I've seen all pretty much come from one dealer: Katranji

#2 September 26 2020

nuclearcat

Re: Wind Turbines in Lebanon

They have minimal required wind speed and except Akkar, most of places in Lebanon don't have stable wind with required speed.
Run anemometer first, if you dont have data.

#3 September 26 2020

beezer

The area I'm looking at getting it installed has a lot of wind (maybe too much), elevation of approx 900m and nothing around it. And you'd be surprised for the minimum speed requirements, it's not that much.

#4 September 27 2020

Johnaudi

Building your own would be the most economical approach. (3D print the wings, buy the motor, etc)
Quite a fun project really, and perhaps give us the numbers if everything turns out well.

#5 September 27 2020

beezer

I was thinking of doing something like that, get a truck alternator and putting some blades on it and just connect it to a battery, but I want something guaranteed and ready.

#6 September 28 2020

rolf

beezer wrote:

get a truck alternator and putting some blades

You may need a gearbox as well and to do some research to reach optimum rotational speed. I would imagine that a truck alternator is designed for a particular rotational speed range.

Of course for a fun project anything is a good start.

#7 September 28 2020

duke-of-bytes

are truck alternators 12 V or 24 V ?

Board footer