LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 31 2020

romel

Gcs computers destroyed my laptop

Hi guys so long story short I thought gcs was a reputable place turns out they are just as bad as every other place in this God forsaken country, they destroyed my Asus gl702 gaming laptop and now it needs a board according to their tech guys, my laptop at first had a problem with the power adapter not charging so I took it to them and they did a simple fix of soldering a new head on the adapter which cost me 36 $ after 15 minutes it broke again so i took it back and this kept happening until the 3rd time the whole port melted and I took it too them and they said they will fix it on they're own expense whatever the problem is, turns out it needs a new board because it got fried, 6 month later I contacted the manager giscard who said he Wil ltake care of it and not to worry... So last week I went to see what has happend and the dude simply tells me you know that we can't get a board so nothing we can do... And now I don't even know what to do I just want my laptop fixed, does anyone know of a place who might be able to replace a Asus gaming laptop board?

#2 May 31 2020

rolf

Re: Gcs computers destroyed my laptop

Can they not give you a replacement?

BTW not all places are bad but unfortunately many of them.

Do not automatically trust "reputable" places. Avoid liars and bullshitters. Concentrate on the place(s) where you have good communication.

Last edited by rolf (May 31 2020)

#3 May 31 2020

romel

rolf wrote:

Can they not give you a replacement?

BTW not all places are bad but unfortunately many of them.

Do not automatically trust "reputable" places. Avoid liars and bullshitters. Concentrate on the place(s) where you have good communication.

I tried even borrowing a laptop from them until mine got fixed and they where like no we don't have any... Unfortunately

#4 May 31 2020

bobo619

I have an asus gl502vs that i replaced the motherboard for it after it got fried due to unknown reason. I bought a brand new one from ebay there is a seller that does replacement. Which means you send your old board to china and he gets it to asus factory and they give you a brand new one for i think 300$ all in all including shipping which took almost 1 month via libanpost and till now 1 year later all is good. Check it out its legit https://www.ebay.com/itm/Exchange-For-A … SwzxZdFd3Y
Note that a brand new board can cost upward of 700$ without exchange

Last edited by bobo619 (May 31 2020)

#5 June 1 2020

john

romel wrote:

Hi guys so long story short I thought gcs was a reputable place turns out they are just as bad as every other place in this God forsaken country, they destroyed my Asus gl702 gaming laptop and now it needs a board according to their tech guys, my laptop at first had a problem with the power adapter not charging so I took it to them and they did a simple fix of soldering a new head on the adapter which cost me 36 $ after 15 minutes it broke again so i took it back and this kept happening until the 3rd time the whole port melted and I took it too them and they said they will fix it on they're own expense whatever the problem is, turns out it needs a new board because it got fried, 6 month later I contacted the manager giscard who said he Wil ltake care of it and not to worry... So last week I went to see what has happend and the dude simply tells me you know that we can't get a board so nothing we can do... And now I don't even know what to do I just want my laptop fixed, does anyone know of a place who might be able to replace a Asus gaming laptop board?

Are you saying they wont fix it, or they were unable to do it at the time being, due because of the current situation?

#6 June 1 2020

bobo619

Sadly this is typical lebanese business practice where they don't take responsibility for their mistakes. The guy must be thinking that why should i spend 700$ for a mistake i made for 36$ and starts dodging you.

#7 June 5 2020

romel

bobo619 wrote:

Sadly this is typical lebanese business practice where they don't take responsibility for their mistakes. The guy must be thinking that why should i spend 700$ for a mistake i made for 36$ and starts dodging you.

Precisely I even asked my wife who is a lawyer if I can press charges and she simply told me it's not even worth it...

#8 June 5 2020

romel

bobo619 wrote:

I have an asus gl502vs that i replaced the motherboard for it after it got fried due to unknown reason. I bought a brand new one from ebay there is a seller that does replacement. Which means you send your old board to china and he gets it to asus factory and they give you a brand new one for i think 300$ all in all including shipping which took almost 1 month via libanpost and till now 1 year later all is good. Check it out its legit https://www.ebay.com/itm/Exchange-For-A … SwzxZdFd3Y
Note that a brand new board can cost upward of 700$ without exchange

Well this is something I wish  I had known before hahaha, I'm gonna contact them now. Thank you

Last edited by romel (June 5 2020)

#9 June 6 2020

Tech Guru

Your best bet is to show them a "red eye". Go make a big quarrel , and threaten them to file a court sue. Tell them you hold all responsility of the laptop total failure. I came with a silly adaptor issue ,but from your lack of competence and professionalism, I ended up with at least 500USD board replacement.

I have dealt with GCS on several occasions. Typical Lebanese marketing tongue , who tempts you with sales manoeuvres. Similar to many shops here , I  have zero trust in their  guarantee and professionalism reliability. On contrary , Abed Tahan for example , provides a month guarantee period after they fix something. This is applicable on ended warranty store purchases or none store purchases. On both sides , it shows you trust in their competences to fix something.

Last edited by Tech Guru (June 6 2020)

Board footer