LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 June 15 2020

mmk92

Re: Business Ideas After/During Quarantine

My suggestion is looking into the offshore model whether it is for your next employment opportunity or as a new business.

If you're able to provide value and reduce costs for a company abroad while receiving fresh dollars, you'd be able to create a cash flow of dollars that you and your employees can benefit from. It's a very competitive space, but there are always companies looking to cut costs!

#27 June 15 2020

VincentKeyboard

Facebook will be risky. I only have one facebook account which my employer knows of because I use to manage the company facebook pages.

I'm compiling lists of companies outside of Beirut (to reduce the risk of my employer knowing them) and sending CVs. In addition, I've spoken to someone who runs a freelance hr management system to send me ads if listings suit me.

Last edited by VincentKeyboard (June 15 2020)

#28 June 15 2020

TheIlluminative

VincentKeyboard wrote:

Facebook will be risky. I only have one facebook account which my employer knows of because I use to manage the company facebook pages.

I'm compiling lists of companies outside of Beirut (to reduce the risk of my employer knowing them) and sending CVs. In addition, I've spoken to someone who runs a freelance hr management system to send me ads if listings suit me.

I don't get it - you are free to do whatever you want outside the working hours. Your employer hired you for 8-9 hours/day. He doesn't own you. So you are free to have a second job. I don't know what's wrong with him. Paying you 750,000 LBP and not allowing you to have another work? Seriously!?

#29 June 15 2020

Johnaudi

You can always join some kind of pyramid scheme if your network is big (Herbalife is a good example), most of the people I know that joined them lost their money invested though. (and some friends along the way)

But for real, I would suggest finding a service similar to fiverr or something of the sort.

#30 July 13 2020

VincentKeyboard

So I managed to get a project on freelancer.com. The project needs materials funding but they said they will send the money directly before I make the purchase then pay me additionally after I finish the job.
I have a LBP Audi bank current account.
Would anyone know how I can withdraw money from freelancer.com?

#31 July 13 2020

samer
Admin

From this page: https://www.freelancer.com/support/paym … al-methods
It seems that your best bet is via wire transfer. Make sure to talk to Audi about getting a "fresh USD" account. Also, double check with Freelancer.com that they are willing to do a SWIFT transfer to Lebanon.

Board footer