LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 25 2020

NuclearVision

Western union transaction gone wrong

Hey guys, my first time sending money abroad.
I need this book from the states, there's a nice guy, i sent him the money 2 days ago and he went to pick it up and they told him it  isn't available for pickup and to contact the sender.
I can track it online using The number, it says available for pickup, but not yet received.
Its nothing huge, but Im pissed off, I wanted the book asap.
What do you think?

#2 March 25 2020

Johnaudi

Re: Western union transaction gone wrong

Same thing happened with me, he told me he was in Washington, and to my luck there were two Washington's in the USA. Hence months passed by until he told me, I went to check and was told that the transaction cannot be recovered as he has to go to Washington DC to withdraw them.

Try to go ASAP and get your money back, and send it via Moneygram or something else.

Last edited by Johnaudi (March 25 2020)

#3 March 25 2020

NuclearVision

thanks John.

Just a quick followup, might serve as a future reference for someone.
He tried another agent and it worked. So probably the agent was just messing around.
So if you want to send money, confirm the state like john said, and ask the recipient to check another agent if he can't pick up the funds.

#4 March 25 2020

AVOlio

As far as I know
If you are the sender, it doesn't matter which state or region the receiver is in.
You will only mention the country where the receiver lies and that's it, he can get paid wherever he wants in that country.

#5 March 25 2020

TheIlluminative

NuclearVision wrote:

I need this book from the states, there's a nice guy, i sent him the money 2 days ago and he went to pick it up and they told him it  isn't available for pickup and to contact the sender.
I can track it online using The number, it says available for pickup, but not yet received.
What do you think?

What's the book?

#6 March 26 2020

NuclearVision

TheIlluminative wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

What do you think?

What's the book?

haha its medical licensing exam book.
Did you enjoy the last book?

#7 March 26 2020

TheIlluminative

NuclearVision wrote:
TheIlluminative wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

What do you think?

What's the book?

haha its medical licensing exam book.
Did you enjoy the last book?

Finished it in 2 days after I came back home ;)

Board footer