LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 20 2020

Tech Guru

MTC / Alfa Period Extension

The Ministry of Telecommunication announced that the operators MTC/Alfa will extend their validity to 30 days ( due to the corona virus and home quarantine. Will that be effective automatically or a certain code is sent.

IMG-20200318-WA0091.jpg

Last edited by Tech Guru (March 21 2020)

#2 March 20 2020

wollyka

Re: MTC / Alfa Period Extension

Automatically.  Just check your validity. It was just extended.

#3 March 21 2020

xazbrat

Mine was supposed to expire last night at 11:30.  I checked it around 7 and it said the validity was 30 days.  Waiting to see what happens to my mobile internet now.  That is due to renew tomorrow at midnight, so will wait and see.

#4 March 21 2020

Dan28

xazbrat wrote:

Mine was supposed to expire last night at 11:30.  I checked it around 7 and it said the validity was 30 days.  Waiting to see what happens to my mobile internet now.  That is due to renew tomorrow at midnight, so will wait and see.

i have uchat subscription, it got renewed automatically with the calls, sms, and data bundle.

Last edited by Dan28 (March 21 2020)

#5 March 21 2020

beezer

Finally something slightly fair from the corrupt. All the lines and their packages got renewed in my house except one which originally expired 12/04. Still has the same date.

#6 March 21 2020

Dan28

beezer wrote:

Finally something slightly fair from the corrupt. All the lines and their packages got renewed in my house except one which originally expired 12/04. Still has the same date.

huh.. my uchat expires at 15/04 and they renewed it!

#7 March 21 2020

VincentKeyboard

They renewed my mom's Alfa prepaid but not mine, which I renewed on the 29th of last February.

#8 March 21 2020

xazbrat

VincentKeyboard wrote:

They renewed my mom's Alfa prepaid but not mine, which I renewed on the 29th of last February.

I think they are extending them by 30 days.  Check your alta account and see how many days you have left.  My sister's is supposed to renew on the 26th, and it shows 36 more days.

Last edited by xazbrat (March 21 2020)

#9 March 21 2020

VincentKeyboard

Correct, they extended my mom's line by 30 days.

I checked https://www.alfa.com.lb/en/account and *11# on my phone. The expiration date is still the same (2nd of June).
No 30 days were added. I have the regular prepaid card which I renew with the 39,000LL alfa scratch card.

It is fine though. If there are no open stores in Lebanon in the next week, I have bigger issues than recharging my phone :)

Last edited by VincentKeyboard (March 21 2020)

Board footer