LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 9 2020

VincentKeyboard

Transferring money to England

Hello. My neighbor's kid is going to school in england. his studies are financed by a full grant but he needs some extra expenses. His parents want to send him 500 british pounds a month. he doesn't have a bank account there so they want to use omt or moneygram.
Their bank account at byblos bank is in LL. Can they somehow send it and have it exchanged in england?

#2 March 9 2020

nefe_lpmk

Re: Transferring money to England

They will have to withdraw in LL, exchange to USD --> BP, then send it as cash from OMT.

They could also try to get proof from their son that he is registered in this university and push their luck for them to x-change and transfer.

#3 March 9 2020

VincentKeyboard

What is "x-change"?

#4 March 9 2020

Kazouza

VincentKeyboard wrote:

What is "x-change"?

Exchange.

#5 March 13 2020

Pugan

check out Revolut. its well known in england for money transfers and for an independent bank account as well! I remember it offers instant money/currency transfer for little to no fees.

#6 March 14 2020

samer
Admin

Pugan wrote:

check out Revolut. its well known in england for money transfers and for an independent bank account as well! I remember it offers instant money/currency transfer for little to no fees.

Revolut bounces bank transfers if they come from Lebanon. This is due to compliance reasons.

#7 March 15 2020

Dan28

samer wrote:
Pugan wrote:

Revolut bounces bank transfers if they come from Lebanon. This is due to compliance reasons.

do you know if perfect money work in lebanon? it will solve many issues.

#8 March 15 2020

nefe_lpmk

Revolut refuse Lebanese cards as soon as you enter the first 4 numbers.

#9 March 15 2020

Pugan

nefe_lpmk wrote:

Revolut refuse Lebanese cards as soon as you enter the first 4 numbers.

thanks for the info guys didnt know.

Board footer