LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 24 2020

VincentKeyboard

Medicine donations

I have some medicine packages that are still closed and unused. I have not used them in a year because my doctor removed one out of the two medications I was using after I lost weight.
They are about 3 or 4 packages and unused.
The expiration date is towards the end of 2020. Would anyone know a place where I can donate them? Is that even allowed?

#2 February 24 2020

Guitaret

Re: Medicine donations

I have done this before in the following way:
I asked people I trust if someone needs the following medications "A", "B", "C" and they did recommend me people needing them that could not afford.

#3 February 25 2020

xerxes

what kind of medicine ?

#4 February 25 2020

VincentKeyboard

Diameril 1mg (Glimepiride). I stopped taking them a year ago. Living on metformin alone for a year now. I can probably drop that too at some stage but my body is too addicted to it. The last time I tried to stay 50 hours without metformin, my blood sugar stayed at reasonable numbers but I started feeling grumpy and my attention span was low.

Anyway, I have 3 or 4 packages of Diameril still in their boxes and even the bag from the pharmacy.

#5 February 26 2020

xazbrat

VincentKeyboard wrote:

Diameril 1mg (Glimepiride). I stopped taking them a year ago. Living on metformin alone for a year now. I can probably drop that too at some stage but my body is too addicted to it. The last time I tried to stay 50 hours without metformin, my blood sugar stayed at reasonable numbers but I started feeling grumpy and my attention span was low.

Anyway, I have 3 or 4 packages of Diameril still in their boxes and even the bag from the pharmacy.

Unfortunately, diabetes is very widespread in this country, and finding a home for them should be relatively easy.  If you have any neighbors or relatives that are diabetic, ask them what they use and see if they can use them.  Ask some people at work--the drugs aren't worth much on their own, as I think my father used to take diameril, but it would be good to find someone who actually needs and uses them.

Board footer